Apple testing 'Find my iPhone' ahead of other MobileMe improvements

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by misterjon View Post

Hi! I need HELP! I have upgraded to 3.0 and have tried Find my iPhone and have remote wiped. for more than 2 hours. iTunes don?t recognize my iPhone and I am not able neither to put it in DFU mode. Any ideas? Is my iPhone bricked???? Help!!!! Thank you!

Help on [email protected]

Are you a registered iPhone developer?

If so, it sounds like you didn't put your big long ID in your account before upgrading.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by misterjon View Post

Hi! I need HELP! I have upgraded to 3.0 and have tried Find my iPhone and have remote wiped. for more than 2 hours. iTunes don?t recognize my iPhone and I am not able neither to put it in DFU mode. Any ideas? Is my iPhone bricked???? Help!!!! Thank you!

Help on [email protected]

I am sure it is recoverable. I?ve done anything and everything to my iPhone and never had a permanently bricked device. There are forums on developer?s site for that, there are also Apple support pages for consumers that walk you through the iPhone and even a toll free number developers can call to get help.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I just found an odd omission for an Apple product feature a week from launching and after the GM was issued. The Find My iPhone option can be turned off and the MobileMe account can be deleted without the use of any password or passcode. I think they should use your MobileMe account password for to alter these settings since you may very well give your PIN to someone to temporarily or not even use a PIN on your device. Even if you have set a PIN set someone could disable this option before the device locks. While seemingly unlikely, it’s an oversight that needs to addressed, IMO.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    Just tested this on my MobileMe account. If the volume has been turned down very low, MobileMe sends the notice but you will not be able to hear the alert. If they can override the silencer they should also override the volume controls.