Corrupted Mail.app

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Somehow Maill.app got all screwy after installing FontReserve 3.1. Apparantly Mail.app, iCal and many other Apple apps depend on particular system fonts. Without them, they won't even launch. FontReserve moves or disables the system's fonts so they don't conflict with it's own font usage. It's supposed to activate these automatically, but somehow this wasn't enough for Mail.app.

Well, to make a long story, not quite so long. I kept messing around with things and wrecked Mail.app. I then deleted it thinking I could download it from Apple.com like you would iPhoto or any other iApplication. Well, no such luck... There's no links to download it that I've been able to find. Despit Mail's shortcomings, I really started getting into it (not to mention I have a ton of email's I'd love to save). Does anyone know how I can get a copy of Mail.app without reinstalling the system. I tried running update 10..2.1 again and it didn't help. Any help would be great.

Hopefully, at the very least this will help a few of you guys from getting into the same trouble.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    just put your copy of 10.2 in and install again. choose "Upgrade" as option.

the installer sees what has changed, and installs only the files which are needed.

HTH
  • Reply 2 of 3
    You cant run an update on a newer version of the system software. Like I said, I'm running 10.2.1.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by Misteraven:

<strong>You cant run an update on a newer version of the system software. Like I said, I'm running 10.2.1.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think you can- I did with 10.1.5 and 10.1.3