Apple unveils new iPhone 3.0 features, sets release for June 17th

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post

Thats the second time you insulted me, basically calling me a retard & uneducated.

if you where in front of me,

You WOULD of been slapped.

1) I didn?t basically call you a retard. I know to know someone who is technically retarded who has a pretty good understanding of economics, so I would never refer to you as a retard.

2) Expecting something for nothing and expecting any economy to bend to your will and only will has nothing to do with your education, but with your expectations being unrealistic.

3) Slapped, eh? If only I would have known before I posted.
  • Reply 62 of 76
    Just count your blessings your hiding behind a forum & not in front of me,.
  • Reply 63 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wavelabs View Post

Just count your blessings your hiding behind a forum & not in front of me,.

I?m not religious so I have no blessing to count, but it?s probable you are since you don?t like being disagreed with and feel that violence is the best response to a contrary viewpoint based on logic.
  • Reply 64 of 76
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    ok so the gs will have "voice control" i want voice dialing so i'm interested in reviews of this feature for possible upgrade

now which car kits will or may work with this?

interesting find

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...hone_3g_s.html

#10 microphone, this is the first time i heard of this being included in the gs, if this can give me voice dialing i'll go for it, but anyone have any more info does this replace apples BT earpiece

your thoughts

right now since the sonyericsson ab 900 has been cancelled (fm transmitter, 6 presets Bt etc) the only carkit that deals with the iphone limitations, is the kensington which has 3 presets.

i wonder if any vendor is making an add-on that connects to the iphone for handsfree voice dialing

hey blueant---make an iphone specific carkit
  • Reply 65 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

ok so the gs will have "voice control" i want voice dialing so i'm interested in reviews of this feature for possible upgrade

now which car kits will or may work with this?

interesting find

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...hone_3g_s.html

#10 microphone, this is the first time i heard of this being included in the gs, if this can give me voice dialing i'll go for it, but anyone have any more info does this replace apples BT earpiece

your thoughts

right now since the sonyericsson ab 900 has been cancelled (fm transmitter, 6 presets Bt etc) the only carkit that deals with the iphone limitations, is the kensington which has 3 presets.

i wonder if any vendor is making an add-on that connects to the iphone for handsfree voice dialing

hey blueant---make an iphone specific carkit

The demo only showed Voice Dialing being accessible by holding down the Home Button. It?s not available with older iPhones running v3.0; I?m guessing it?s a HW change, like with the headphones with buttons supporting different control options.

So at this point there is no evidence that it will work from the headphone cord or from a device connected to the 30-pin connector, though I don?t see why (at least) the 30-pin connector couldn?t be used. I think we?ll see a lot of car stereos with iPhone support. There is little holding the device back from getting the outpouring of accessories that the iPod received.
  • Reply 66 of 76
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    what time on the 17th will it be available? i have to send my macbook to repair its superdrive and i want to install it before i send off my MB
  • Reply 67 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

what time on the 17th will it be available? i have to send my macbook to repair its superdrive and i want to install it before i send off my MB

...it was meant to be available today in Australia (17th)... the apple website has now been changed to the 18th... I guess its so we don't get it before the rest of the world...
  • Reply 68 of 76
    iphone 3.0 software for iphone, ipod touch just released officially today. it's early. but now you can go, download it. it's US. by the way, I have already used 3.0 GM seed for a week. it's very stable. I love it. when I push check update button on itunes, it said, 'my phone is update to date'. so I think that 7A341 becomes official version.
  • Reply 69 of 76
    mtomto Posts: 16member
    So iPhone 3G will be able to play video MMS messages and forward them etc. But not be able to take them? Is that true?
  • Reply 70 of 76
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I?m not religious so I have no blessing to count, but it?s probable you are since you don?t like being disagreed with and feel that violence is the best response to a contrary viewpoint based on logic.

Come on Solips! even an atheist can count his/her blessings... in the sense

"a beneficial thing for which one is grateful; something that brings well-being : great intelligence can be a curse as well as a blessing | it's a blessing we're alive." (Oxf. D.)

Actually, this is a bit of a girly-girl forum. A "slap" indeed. I used to get death threats from a particular lunatic kebab seller on a political forum I once frequented. Fortunately, he was in London and I was in Sydney so his true intentions were never likely to be tested.

-Enz
  • Reply 71 of 76
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fruitymac View Post

...it was meant to be available today in Australia (17th)... the apple website has now been changed to the 18th... I guess its so we don't get it before the rest of the world...

It still says the 17th on the U.S. website, but it hasn't been released yet. I was up taking care of some work until 1:00 am EST and it kept telling me 2.2.1. is the current release. This morning at 8:00 am it still says the same thing.

This is lame as hell: Don't advertise something for the 17th and then not have it ready.
  • Reply 72 of 76
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ls1z28chris View Post

It still says the 17th on the U.S. website, but it hasn't been released yet. I was up taking care of some work until 1:00 am EST and it kept telling me 2.2.1. is the current release. This morning at 8:00 am it still says the same thing.

This is lame as hell: Don't advertise something for the 17th and then not have it ready.

Well, they didn't say what time on the 17th, and what time zone.
  • Reply 73 of 76
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Well, they didn't say what time on the 17th, and what time zone.

1pm EDT makes a ton of sence, that is evening in the EU so they will slam the servers first, then a few hours later school and workdays end on the east coast, leading to another spike, then another for each subsequent time zone, and then one huge spike from the Asian nations in the early AM...

If they would have announced for example, "midnight GMT" or something, they would have had tens of millions hitting a 200+MB download at once, that could quite possibly bring even Acami to its knees.
  • Reply 74 of 76
    sororcasororca Posts: 69member
    It's 15.16 PM GMT+1 now, and still no European 3.0 update for the iPhone.. Can't wait XD

Timezone covers: Copenhagen, Berlin, Stockholm and Paris.

Any news on release time? Possibly a website countdown timer?

Regards,

Soren
  • Reply 75 of 76
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

1pm EDT makes a ton of sence, that is evening in the EU so they will slam the servers first, then a few hours later school and workdays end on the east coast, leading to another spike, then another for each subsequent time zone, and then one huge spike from the Asian nations in the early AM...

If they would have announced for example, "midnight GMT" or something, they would have had tens of millions hitting a 200+MB download at once, that could quite possibly bring even Acami to its knees.

Unfortunately, I think it is going to be 1PM EDT (9AM PDT) and everyone will have access to it at the same time. If so, it will still be a huge spike, but we have to all wait.
  • Reply 76 of 76
    Downloading my update right now