off to O'reilly...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm heading off to the O'Reilly OSX conference tomorrow, and was curious if anyone else is going and wants to meet up. Also, if anyone has any questions they want answered, post them here and I will do my best to get them answered. I will post updates over the week if you want it.

I'm pretty pumped, it should be cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Quick question: what's the state of play with Finder FTP? I did hear a whisper that it was never intended to support uploads, but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Do you mean using ftp from the Finder in the following manner: Go/Connnect To Server ftp://servername?? Works fine. Actually it's pretty cool..

[ 09-28-2002: Message edited by: ThinkingDifferent ]

[ 09-28-2002: Message edited by: ThinkingDifferent ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 7
    i think he's refering to the fact that although you can use the ftp via finder, it doesn't have full ftp functionality.

example: you can drag and drop files from the ftp/finder window to your desktop, but you can't drag/drop files from the desktop to your finder/ftp window. That's the upload i believe he's refering to.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Precisely that.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    nonsuchnonsuch Posts: 293member
    Are any Apple engineers or project managers slated to attend? I'd love to hear some idea of the future of the Mac OS filesystem--everyone is expecting some change to come, but no one knows what it's going to be. Even some informed speculation might be interesting.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Nonsuch:

<strong>Are any Apple engineers or project managers slated to attend? I'd love to hear some idea of the future of the Mac OS filesystem--everyone is expecting some change to come, but no one knows what it's going to be. Even some informed speculation might be interesting.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, there is a much smaller Apple contingent here than you would think. (Although one of the ladies at the ADC booth is really cute). There will be more in the coming days, I am curious about Jordan Hubbard's talks. Most of the Apple people I have met are actually here on their own.

As a side, during lunch I spoke with a person in the CPU division of Apple, and s/he got real quite when I started talking about the IBM chip. We had a table wide discussion on it, and all s/he would say was "I can't say anything". S/He had a great poker face, so I couldn't really tell if there was any deeper meaning, but here was someone who's whole life is chips, and they wouldn't even comment in the abstract about the IBM chip. Anyway, I am going to try the alcohol, drugs, and prostitutes method to get more information . :cool:

edited for grammar

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: blue2kdave ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote](Although one of the ladies at the ADC booth is really cute).<hr></blockquote>

Let's see some photos.