Wal-Mart's new Apple section seen as precursor to Mac sales

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 167
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Here are a few. Sorry about hijacking the thread, I'd sort of forgotten about some of this stuff:

• Reply 162 of 167
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Here are a few. Sorry about hijacking the thread, I'd sort of forgotten about some of this stuff:

You can tell them I put a gun to your head.
  • Reply 163 of 167
    undo redoundo redo Posts: 164member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

The one they had on display was the #1, highest rated Netbook sold and reviewed. It was the Asus Eee PC, and it was a cheap piece of shit. So if the number 1 rated Netbook was made with cheap plastics and a lousy keyboard, then yes, I don't need to see any others.

I agree the Eees leave a lot to be desired. Since they were among the first, they're still popular. There are a lot of better netbooks. Plead ignorance if you like, it makes a good argument.
  • Reply 164 of 167
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I'm sure it must be. Personally, the stores give me the creeps. The last time I was in one, at least the Macs were plugged in and working. That's a lot better treatment than they've had at so many other mass market retailers we could mention.

One thing to keep in mind about consumer electronics retailers -- the casualty rate is extremely high. Best Buy may be on the top of the heap now, but then probably so was Circuit City at one time. So were Silo, Federated, CompUSA, and whole bunch of others which are now history.

BB is bigger than any of them were. I'm sorry about what happened to Circuit City, because they were the successor to Lafayette Radio. Lafayette was a pioneer back in the older days. A pioneer in audio as well.
  • Reply 165 of 167
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

You can tell them I put a gun to your head.

Big Brother is Watching!
  • Reply 166 of 167
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

BB is bigger than any of them were. I'm sorry about what happened to Circuit City, because they were the successor to Lafayette Radio. Lafayette was a pioneer back in the older days. A pioneer in audio as well.

I certainly remember Lafayette but I had no idea they were related to Circuit City. I used to go to the Lafayette Radio store in Paramus NJ. My brother worked there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Big Brother is Watching!

Not to worry, it's a figurative gun that shoots imaginary bullets.
  • Reply 167 of 167
    maratmarat Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JavaCowboy View Post

What percentage of Americans live in rural areas? According to the 2006 census, 80% of Canadians live in urban areas. I'm not sure if the demographic spread is similar in the U.S.

So let's say the percentage is about the same. 20% living in rural areas. The US has about 300 million people, so 20% would be 60 million, or about twice the population of Canada. That is a pretty substantial market, eh?