Will Apple TV play all the movies i have imported in iTunes ?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello,

Maybe a stupid question, but i converted all my series and movies i want to have in itunes to the format that itunes can import. When i will buy an apple TV and connect it to that itunes will that appletv for sure play all those movies without problems ?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Here's a link to Apple's published specs for Apple TV supported media formats.

Anything that's any of those will play fine.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sternone View Post

Hello,

Maybe a stupid question, but i converted all my series and movies i want to have in itunes to the format that itunes can import. When i will buy an apple TV and connect it to that itunes will that appletv for sure play all those movies without problems ?

thanks

Yes and no... anything bought through iTunes or specifically encoded for any iPod should playback fine on AppleTV. iTunes, essentially using Quicktime to playback media, is capable of playing back more formats than AppleTV. Confusing? A little bit. Follow the link in the immediately previous post for the official specs. And consider using a free utility like Handbrake to convert non-compatible video.