Performance raises - Percentage this year?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Anyone getting more than a 2% raise this year?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

Anyone getting more than a 2% raise this year?

I got 5% in March. Expect close to the same next year.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    I only get a raise when I get a new job - I'm a consultant. I don't believe I'll be changing jobs this year.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    We got ours in March also. Base salary increase was 1.<something>% and another 5% was "incentive" lump sum. Total was just under 7%.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    What's a raise?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    One hundred and fifty billion percent.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I'm in government and we're still getting 2% this year but probly nada next year
  • Reply 7 of 9
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    The average pay increase where I worked is capped at 3%. If I get 4 someone else gets 2. This year ... no increase for the higher ups. They are going to try to do something for the support staff. We may loose some people over it.

This is always the trick they play. They do about 3% a year which can't keep pace with the market, promotions or years of experience. Then they'll do a huge adjustment to bring you to below were you should be and expect you to be oh so grateful for it. Then go back to the old tricks.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    does anyone get a raise based on performance anywhere?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

does anyone get a raise based on performance anywhere?

Sure! As I said - I'm a consultant. My entire career ... my entire income ... is based on performance.

Most folks I know in my company took a 10% cut this year, at least the ones that kept their jobs. I maintained my salary.