SSD used in MacBook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi there,

I own a MB 13" unibody and I wonder if anybody could tell which SSD-drives Apple is integrating in their new MBPs? I have noticed that they offer 128GB and 256GB drives, I assume that Samsung is producing them. I know that Samsung has supplied the 128GB SSD drive for the MBA.

Background of my question: I've tested a 160GB Transcend SSD-drive, lasted three days until it crashed. The next one was a 250GB OCZ drive that crashed three weeks after installing. No data was accessible anymore, recovery of the OCZ drive saved only 30% of the entire data.

Thx,

- Malte

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thedealmaker View Post

Hi there,

I own a MB 13" unibody and I wonder if anybody could tell which SSD-drives Apple is integrating in their new MBPs? I have noticed that they offer 128GB and 256GB drives, I assume that Samsung is producing them. I know that Samsung has supplied the 128GB SSD drive for the MBA.

Background of my question: I've tested a 160GB Transcend SSD-drive, lasted three days until it crashed. The next one was a 250GB OCZ drive that crashed three weeks after installing. No data was accessible anymore, recovery of the OCZ drive saved only 30% of the entire data.

Thx,

- Malte

Samsung is your most likely option.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Do you see less power being consumed to make time between charges longer?

How about how fast the computer runs - hdd vs. Ssd?

I have a first gen al mb and have thought about switching drives if I could get more battery life and not sacrifice too much on system speed.