Apple's Mac OS X 10.5.8 to fine tune service technologies

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pairof9s View Post

My Airport Extreme worked flawlessly along with an Airport Express in my home network. 2 Mac minis, an Apple TV and a MacBook Pro ran through it, all with at least 3 but usually 4 bars of strength.

Every since 10.5.7, the reception has dropped substantially as well as my Bluetooth connections. Wireless keyboard & mouse lose reception only 5-6' from the Mac mini. My MacBook Pro only gets 2 bars in my bedroom where it always got 4 and now using the internet is like being on 56K modem. It's awful!

I dropped down my AES's firmware to 7.3.2 from 7.4.1 after a post on Apple's support boards; however, that did nothing for the reception issues. I've restarted, reconfigured and reinstalled any and all software with no improvement. It's been a lot of work for naught; I regret having updated again to 10.5.7 now.

I for certain can only hope that 10.5.8 works well and comes quickly. 10.5.7 has been a complete failure in my opinion.

/

I have had problems with 7.4.1 and backed down to 7.3.2 but it had nothing to do with 10.5.7 - I upgraded to 7.4.1 when I got a message saying it was available - I used it for a very short while (a couple of hours) because it was causing both of my laptops to lose connections (one PB500 running Tiger and a windoze vista Acer). I went back to 7.3.2 and now am back to all bars all the time. I wish Apple would let us know what these updates were supposed to help. A look at the log files while I was at 7.4.1 was not very helpful.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melchman View Post

ANyone else having Bluetooth problems in 10.5.7? Right around battery changing time I have the weirdest "I can see, but not pair it" issues with Bluetooth stuff. Hopefully 10.5.8 fixes it.

Interesting as I had that issue with both my wireless mighty mouse and wireless aluminum keyboard prior to 10.5.7. Since the upgrade, I haven't had that problem.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    I am still waiting for that elusive HOME sync feature...

I reckon a lot of people/homes have more than one Mac, how about either:

1. a complete sync (super duper style) and incrementals of your hard drive

2. partial sync (super duper style) and incrementals of your user only

3. a subset or single folder PLUS your iPhone/iPod profile (as that has iCal, address book and the keys playlists for your media)

Although this would likely depend on the size of both hard disks, how much you actually want to carry around and the speed you want the sync.

Of the above I would find option 3 the most user friendly (think consumer... ) and 1 for the power user.. 2 is good if say you share computers..

Fingers crossed.. although if we see a iTablet (or rebranded Mac"book") with SSD/1.8" drive - by 2010 or when Steve wants to do his first presentation, we may get option 3.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    i swear to god if they dont sort out the Time Capsule issues i'm going to kick some ass.... can't stream video without it lagging (strangely audio doesn't but video does) and Time Capsule randomly just doesn't respond in Finder (however Internet still works)... pretty sure its Tc problem though... as it requires a Hard Reboot (pull plug out).... i'm on 5GHZ N... any suggestions please... can't wait until Snow Leopard and New iPhone 3GS on July 8th x
  • Reply 25 of 31
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    I just hope they finally thin out the molasses that they use to run iCal.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    non stop bluetooth issues since the update 10.5.7
  • Reply 27 of 31
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    i'm praying this will come out during july. otherwise i'll be forced to revert to 10.5.6 in the hope it'll fix my bluetooth mouse connection problems
  • Reply 28 of 31
    prismprism Posts: 75member
    Still waiting for MobileMe sync to take RSS feed info as well.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    All I know is that 10.5.7 brought back an annoying bug that I had up to 10.5.6. About 70% of the time when my MacBookPro wakes up from sleep, it wakes up in some kind of 800x600 video resolution. I then have to go into System Preferences and set it back to what I had it at. This went away with 10.5.6 but suddenly came back right after 10.5.7.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

It's not an integral part of the OS, it can be shut off.

I guess integral isn't the most accurate, but I guess what he was trying to say is that Apple has made Time Machine a pretty big thing to push to customers as one of the benefits of Mac OS X and how Apple controls the hardware and software. I'm sure you could accomplish the same thing with Windows but it wouldn't be easy to accomplish as it is with a Mac.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skate71290 View Post

i swear to god if they dont sort out the Time Capsule issues i'm going to kick some ass.... can't stream video without it lagging (strangely audio doesn't but video does) and Time Capsule randomly just doesn't respond in Finder (however Internet still works)... pretty sure its Tc problem though... as it requires a Hard Reboot (pull plug out).... i'm on 5GHZ N... any suggestions please... can't wait until Snow Leopard and New iPhone 3GS on July 8th x

Have you tried 2.4Ghz N? I could never get 5Ghz working properly - either with Apple's own router or infact any router.