Apple forecasted to sell a half-million iPhones 3G S's this weekend

Comments

• Reply 61 of 90
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

. . .

Quote:

Don’t underestimate his hypocrisy and ability to change his stance on a dime (while denying he ever had that stance despite written proof, even within the same thread). He was rabid about how crappy the G2 Shuffle sounded, but when the G3 Shuffle appeared, with better sound he went out and bought the G2 Shuffle and now touts it as the best Shuffle. He also has recently claimed that he’s going to get a MB despite claiming how much glossy displays suck

Please stay on the thread and stop your nonsense. No one wants to see you add up your posts without contributing to the thread. We all know you spew distortions towards me only because I've called you up on all your past failings with regards to predictions i.e firewire, USB, matte, MMS etc, etc, etc.
  • Reply 62 of 90
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

read this my friend

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/18/te...ref=technology

Sorry doesn't answer my question.
  • Reply 63 of 90
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I guess I'm going to have to be "one of those people" who points this out...

The phrase is actually, "... the elephant in the room...". Changing it to a "pink" elephant does not enhance the original saying.

Thank you.

That's the phrase my g/f and I use - kinda makes it a little funnier - I know the phrase is just the elephant but saying it's pink, man, that's really hard to miss!
  • Reply 64 of 90
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Please stay on the thread and stop your nonsense. No one wants to see you add up your posts without contributing to the thread. We all know you spew distortions towards me only because I've called you up on all your past failings with regards to predictions i.e firewire, USB, matte, MMS etc, etc, etc.

I'm thinking if the forum was to take a poll on who is more baseless in their accusations and is, generally speaking, more annoying you'd probably win. Maybe sol' does annoy you but he doesn't really annoy the rest of us like you do
  • Reply 65 of 90
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

? says the kid who has never made a valid argument, kept target with his argument and has yet to contribute a single valid post despite.

My predictions have almost all come to fruition, as my posts have clearly shown.

BTW, whining about something and then having it eventually change is not a prediction, it?s merely bellyaching for the sake of bellyaching. To speculate you have to think about the reasons why something is not available, and logical reasons why it would or come back. This means thinking about the company?s PoV, logistics and the physics of the what is being discussed.
  • Reply 66 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

I'm thinking if the forum was to take a poll on who is more baseless in their accusations and is, generally speaking, more annoying you'd probably win. Maybe sol' does annoy you but he doesn't really annoy the rest of us like you do

I wish I wasn?t so optimistic by nature. every now and then he?ll post something that is partial based in fact, has some relevant research attached to it and/or states an opinion that isn?t worded as an absolute. But this seems to be only a single post out every few hundred and never really crosses the plane to being intelligent. Still I have hope, if not for myself the sake of the board as a whole.

PS: You try to block him, but you still his name pop constantly and if one person replies to him you see his blather, so the vBulletin feature becomes mostly pointless.
  • Reply 67 of 90
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Sorry doesn't answer my question.

Just a good read. What is your query??

• Reply 68 of 90
    Quote:

Just a good read. What is your query??

Posting worthwhile articles in good, but it does help to give a synopsis and/or quote a paragraph that best illustrates the article. Just don?t quote the entire article.
  • Reply 69 of 90
    Quote:

DUDE- You mean more like grovel, LOSER

You remind me of mr potato head. Hey admn needs a pet idiot to keep around.

Patrol busted you so bad, Caught you in a major lie. YOU don't even own the iphone or a MB .

• Reply 70 of 90
    Quote:

Posting worthwhile articles in good, but it does help to give a synopsis and/or quote a paragraph that best illustrates the article. Just don?t quote the entire article.

Sorry, I thought about that. And i will in the future, Good looking out dude.

peace

• Reply 71 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

That's the phrase my g/f and I use - kinda makes it a little funnier - I know the phrase is just the elephant but saying it's pink, man, that's really hard to miss!

PINK elephant is what an 1950's cartoon alcoholic see's when drunk .But hey its still very funny.
  • Reply 72 of 90
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:

PINK elephant is what an 1950's cartoon alcoholic see's when drunk .But hey its still very funny.

ROFL! I remember seeing a WB cartoon when I was like 5 at daycare and a little pink elephant shows up, and this blurping drunk says something like "What took you so long?"
  • Reply 73 of 90
    Quote:

The etymology pre-dates the 1950s. Jack London is the first on record in 1910 and that was probably taken from the phrase a score earlier about pink giraffes.

Speaking of cartoons, there is one word that has changed from the use in a cartoon, with the original meaning being widely unknown: Nimrod. Now it typically to refer to an idiot or fool, but before the 1950s it meant ?skilful hunter?, as the it was the Biblical name of Noah?s great-grandson, who was said to be an excellent hunter. It was a Looney Tunes cartoon where Bugs Bunny referred to Elmer Fudd as a ?poor little Nimrod?. [SIZE="1?](with all etymology, there is a level of doubt that need to be attributed to it)[/SIZE]
  • Reply 74 of 90
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Can hardly wait for my phone to arrive.

- Love fanboi
  • Reply 75 of 90
    Ah, I see that yet another AI thread has been teckstuded.

OK, on to the next next site.....
  • Reply 76 of 90
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Can hardly wait for my phone to arrive.

- Love fanboi

Hehe.

Apparently, Rogers (here in Canada) tells me that they'll have the 32gb 3G S avaiable tomorrow, and that even though I'm on a 3-year plan, I'll be eligible for an upgrade by July 5th. Something about me being a valued and long-time customer. Even though a month ago i was told to to forget about it as I was locked in to my 3-year contract.

Somewhat strange, but interesting . . .

I guess Rogers wants to throw us a bone.
  • Reply 77 of 90
    Quote:

PS: You try to block him, but you still his name pop constantly and if one person replies to him you see his blather, so the vBulletin feature becomes mostly pointless.

With all due respect, I block him and it works well enough for me. You're right, he shows up when others respond, but it's an imperfect world we live in, right? Microsoft is not perfectly bad, Apple is not perfectly good, and Techstud is not perfectly absent ... but close enough!!!
  • Reply 78 of 90
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

Speaking of cartoons, there is one word that has changed from the use in a cartoon, with the original meaning being widely unknown: Nimrod. Now it typically to refer to an idiot or fool, but before the 1950s it meant ?skilful hunter?, as the it was the Biblical name of Noah?s great-grandson, who was said to be an excellent hunter. It was a Looney Tunes cartoon where Bugs Bunny referred to Elmer Fudd as a ?poor little Nimrod?.

Just two days ago my wife and I were specualting about the origin of the term "Nimrod." Seeing as that we were in the car and we don't get our iPhones until tomorrow, we had no option for looking it up and it was forgotten until now...

Thanks for the info.
  • Reply 79 of 90
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

How many times has this been addressed? DOESN'T affect all users.

I've never had a problem with AT&T service in 2 whole years.

Nor me.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone pays any attention to his commentary - he doesn't even own an iPhone!
  • Reply 80 of 90
    psych_guypsych_guy Posts: 486member
    Quote:

Not true- if there is a god, AT&T fixes their Network and then I am in. I'm not the only one.

For as much pi_sing and moaning that you do about AT&T, have you ever directed your vitriol at your city or county leaders for shooting down the tower application that would improve AT&T's coverage? Have you ever complained to AT&T itself? Let them know that you're not happy with them?

I bet if you directed your ire at these parties, that would go a lot further in improving coverage in your area, rather than ranting like the little troll you are in this comparative black hole of commentary where I can guarantee NOTHING will get done to alleviate your concerns.

Yeah, I work in the cell phone industry. Most towers get rejected because of citizen complaints. If you want improved coverage, speak up MAN!