Apple stores to sell iPhone 3G S at 7 a.m.; Safari 4.0.1, Bluetooth 2.0

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    So what was the point of reserving an iphone if everyone who wants one gets the same place in line?
  • Reply 22 of 37
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mac_fu View Post

Like Obama said 'YES WE CAN!' - check out Apple Canada's store page - http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/buy/ AND see important info here (read the fine grey print at the bottom) http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/iphone/

And from the forums I've read, here http://www.ehmac.ca/ipod-itunes-ipho...es-canada.html

and here http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06...retail-canada/ (read the comments near the bottom)

From all this intel, I've gathered that you CAN buy an iPhone at an Apple Store; sign up for a 'personal shopping' appointment on launch day; create a new Rogers account on site to get the #$99/199/299 pricing OR you can pay the full price between $599/699/799. Of course ALL phones need a Rogers/Fido account and will be locked otherwise.

Good hunting.

Thanks, I just got an email from Apple with this info too.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    I am incredibly missing Tabs on Top. Stupid media pressure. The section of people who complain a lot always seem like more than they really are. Come on Apple!!!

As for Bluetooth, I really wish they would set up bluetooth syncing with iTunes...
  • Reply 24 of 37
    drdbdrdb Posts: 99member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Yes. Quite a few users liked the idea. If you don't want to deal with "frivolous issues", buy a PC.

surely with a PC you'd spend most of your time dealing with frivolous issues?
  • Reply 25 of 37
    cu10cu10 Posts: 294member
    Pic of "Will you marry me" guy at http://kottkegae.appspot.com/images/...e-marry-03.jpg
  • Reply 26 of 37
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    praying this will make my new bluetooth mouse work as it should!!

edit: URGH! not even for my imac! looks like i'll be waiting until 10.5.8 ;(
  • Reply 27 of 37
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrENGLISH™ View Post

You cared enough to reply

REALLY.

Safari rocks in speed and great new features. Goodbye tabs.

Hello cover flo/top hits.

• Reply 28 of 37
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by urbansprawl View Post

I am incredibly missing Tabs on Top. Stupid media pressure. The section of people who complain a lot always seem like more than they really are. Come on Apple!!!

As for Bluetooth, I really wish they would set up bluetooth syncing with iTunes...

Agreed on both.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Yes. Quite a few users liked the idea. If you don't want to deal with "frivolous issues", buy a PC.

Some of us here see replies so stupid that it makes our head hurt to the point that one wishes there was the death penalty, or atleast public floggings, for moronic things said. Ask yourself, "does anyone give a sh*t" before replying or "does this actually add ANYTHING of ANY value to the conversation?" If no to either or both - keep it to yourself.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    heffequeheffeque Posts: 139member
    Agreed.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    The issue I had the most problem with was having the cursor jump to the search bar on the first press of CTRL+TAB while cycling tabs. Now, that issue is fixed but CTRL+SHIFT+TAB still does this... almost there Apple.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    I would still like to know if anyone using tiger has been able to get software update to see Safari 4.0.1
  • Reply 33 of 37
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

As soon as tabs on top are back just gimme a call...

Agree. wtf.. Introduce a leap forward in screen cluttering, and then go back again. It should be optional. I won't upgrade from Beta either.. Actually, this was the top feature that brought me back to Safari from a couple of years with Firefox.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

Agree. wtf.. Introduce a leap forward in screen cluttering, and then go back again. It should be optional. I won't upgrade from Beta either.. Actually, this was the top feature that brought me back to Safari from a couple of years with Firefox.

Apple are smart guys. Now they distribute Safari updates via Software Update application. The globe bounces in the Dock, the user clicks it, then just clicks "Install" without having paid attention to details, and 4.0.1 begins to install.

No, Apple, no. No way. First the tabs are on top, then we upgrade.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    You guys should all be in line!!! I got here at Coconut Point Apple at 9:30. First in line once again this year!!! Can't wait. I see the employees removing all notebooks and iPod/iPhone docks with putty knives. Strange. I wonder what is going in their place considering the iPhone 3GS is the exact same size.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    pennerpenner Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silverflyer View Post

Is anyone with Tiger able to get the safari 4.0.1? I still do not see anything in software update, and Safari says it is at version 4.0, not 4.0.1

I have Tiger and 4.0.1 is not available. My software update says my update is it at 4.0 also.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penner View Post

I have Tiger and 4.0.1 is not available. My software update says my update is it at 4.0 also.

I'm not seeing 4.0.1 in Tiger either. Going by the Safari download page, Apple is distributing Safari for Tiger as a separate program.

edit: I guess I don't need 4.0.1 for the moment. I found and removed a forgotten and somewhat hidden plug-in or two and it works fine now.