iPhone 3Gs case

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey everyone I'm a college student and I've been waiting till this July (contract is up for renewal with AT&T and eligible for the cheaper price) to get my first iPhone , and since the reveal of the 3Gs I've been very anxious to get it.

I'm so excited that already looking for accessories. I was wondering if any of the new 3Gs owners could tell me if their old 3G cases fit the 3Gs with zero problem.

And if anyone has used this case before:

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/R...hp?color=black

opinions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    That case looks awesome! I think I might be making a purchase myself!

I think the only thing you'd need to worry about is the location of the camera....but it looks to be in the same position to me. I don't think there are any other structural changes.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    As far as everyone knows they are identical, save .1 oz in weight. That website has VERY nice looking cases, but ultimately too much. Too much case for too much $.

I like the simple $19 at&t store skin.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    This isn't just the case....all this included it seems:

One RebelSerpent™ unit

(2) Two anti-static Screen Guards

One Microfiber Wipe

One Universal Dock Adapter

One Video Dock Stand

One Squeegee for your Screen Guard application

One Power Jack Connector Protector
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Just ordered my ivolution Top SP from Vaja (black with dark blue stripe) for my 3GS. Yes very expensive, but I have always wanted one (my brother got one for his 2G) and it's really the only case out there that protects the phone fully, but makes it completely accessible when it's open. The flip case I have now from Sena, adds an extra layer of bulk to the case by providing leather protection to the front of the phone. Plus, it ruined the back of my 2G.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    thanks for the input guys,

I just happened to be reading reviews of different iPhone cases when I came across a pic of it and went to their site. At first I thought it was just one piece but when I saw that it was a hybrid of a hard and soft case, the mechanical engineering student in me went WOW. Thinking about it the idea of a hybrid for protection makes really good sense.

A soft case offers great protection of most impacts by absorption. But if it was dropped on a corner were the material is most likely thinnest it wouldn't absorb as much and could damage the corner of the phone.

A hard case offers protection of scratches and some impacts up to a certain degree. The hard case would have the advantage on corner drops by sacrificing itself for the most part, but there would still be some shock transferred. The problem I see with most is that the hard case itself could shatter, crack, or come apart if dropped. And some could even scratch the phone when you are putting it one the phone.

With the hybrid you get the absorption of the soft case with the rigidity and corner protection of a hard case.

(These are just my observations and I could be wrong)
  • Reply 7 of 11
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 442Coop View Post

thanks for the input guys,

I just happened to be reading reviews of different iPhone cases when I came across a pic of it and went to their site. At first I thought it was just one piece but when I saw that it was a hybrid of a hard and soft case, the mechanical engineering student in me went WOW. Thinking about it the idea of a hybrid for protection makes really good sense.

A soft case offers great protection of most impacts by absorption. But if it was dropped on a corner were the material is most likely thinnest it wouldn't absorb as much and could damage the corner of the phone.

A hard case offers protection of scratches and some impacts up to a certain degree. The hard case would have the advantage on corner drops by sacrificing itself for the most part, but there would still be some shock transferred. The problem I see with most is that the hard case itself could shatter, crack, or come apart if dropped. And some could even scratch the phone when you are putting it one the phone.

With the hybrid you get the absorption of the soft case with the rigidity and corner protection of a hard case.

(These are just my observations and I could be wrong)

It looks nice, much nicer than my previous case for my 2G. I might splurge.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    eminaemina Posts: 2member
    The case looks nice, but the price $26.99 seems too high for me. I tend to choose the cases with the lower price, only $3-5. By the way, their quality also looks good to their prices.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emina View Post

The case looks nice, but the price $26.99 seems too high for me. I tend to choose the cases with the lower price, only $3-5. By the way, their quality also looks good to their prices.

I had a $5 case and it accumulated dust and all sorts of lint and crap from my pocket. After a few months I took it off and realized it had actually damaged my phone from the insides being rubbed against the 2G's point. So if I'm going to get a case, a one-time cost to keep my phone looking good, I won't skimp out.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    eminaemina Posts: 2member
    Yes, may be the expensive one is high quality, but the cheap one is good enough to me. Thank you!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Bought and tried a rather cheap case from Ray-out as it was the only one in the shop I went to (and items are decided on by a home office far, far away); it was horrible. The film was rough and inhibited sliding. Worst, though was the silicone case which left a gooey residue on my phone that was a royal pain to clean off; got my local shop to help.

Looking for something else...

Destroying my iPhone is not an option. Nor is ruining my experience with it. More cash for something better.