Quote:
    Originally Posted by poke View Post

I'm guessing he's Indian-Canadian.

Naw, he sounds more Jamaican-Canadian.
  • Reply 42 of 75
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

In the OS, you are correct - amazing. Doing a search of Apple.com for Macintosh is even more interesting \

All you gotta do is go to http://www.apple.com/pr/ and look at every press release

Quote:

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone.

• Reply 43 of 75
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    This isn't the first time that I've seen the ability to play back video previews from thumbnails in the finder touted as a new feature in Snow Leopard, but I can do that in Leopard.

Is there some aspect to this that's changed that I'm not getting?
  • Reply 44 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

This isn't the first time that I've seen the ability to play back video previews from thumbnails in the finder touted as a new feature in Snow Leopard, but I can do that in Leopard.

Is there some aspect to this that's changed that I'm not getting?

I just checked my finder in Leopard, and I can only play video in the preview window of column view [aka the best view] and in cover flow. In the icon and list view I cannot.

Looks like the new feature then is being able to play videos in icon view, which makes sense seeing as you can now enlarge the icons to 512×512 as opposed to the current 128×128.
  • Reply 45 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YodaMac View Post

He keeps calling it Quicktime "X" in his videos.

Isn't it Quicktime "10"? ... or what?

LOL. Is that all you got out of the video? It is Quick Time 10 and not Quick Time X, so the X is the Roman Numeral 10. Also Quick Time is TWO separate words and not one as you have it spelled... See what I mean? It's kind of goofy to point out petty details, especially when you're wrong yourself.
  • Reply 46 of 75
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

I really don't know what Apple is thinking with the tasteless purple smear desktop and that hideously tacky Quicktime X icon....

I think Apple wants to relate the new QuickTime icon to the "core-" features. Core Image, Video, Audio and Animation. They kind of share the same design language.

I've pointed out before that Apple's app icons in the recent years have been too similar. Most of them are pale blue and when using the app switcher it's important that the icons have a clear identity both in color and design in order to know where to go without thinking. So in that aspect I think it's a step forward. But in terms of design... I think it's really tacky.
  • Reply 47 of 75
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Hey dude

Virgil is a cool guy so lay off. Its an open forum and someone can say what they will free of not nice replies.

Well put, as always.
  • Reply 48 of 75
    notrsnotrs Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by internetworld7 View Post

LOL. Is that all you got out of the video? It is Quick Time 10 and not Quick Time X, so the X is the Roman Numeral 10. Also Quick Time is TWO separate words and not one as you have it spelled... See what I mean? It's kind of goofy to point out petty details, especially when you're wrong yourself.

Well if you are going to be THAT picky about it, QuickTime is one word with the Q and T capitalized... \

-

Apple is going back to the original plan of using "QuickTime" as the core technology it truly is.. (it's not just a video player)

Also, if you've noticed.. the new "marble" look that Apple is progressing towards is simply the NeXTStep UI modernized.

I guess things always come full circle..

NeXTStep Marble
  • Reply 49 of 75
    did you guys notice the idisk icon in the finder sidebar is now blue instead of pink???

also, the HD icons seem to be laptop icons, do you think that guy moded them?
  • Reply 50 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NotRs View Post

Well if you are going to be THAT picky about it, QuickTime is one word with the Q and T capitalized... \

-

Apple is going back to the original plan of using "QuickTime" as the core technology it truly is.. (it's not just a video player)

Also, if you've noticed.. the new "marble" look that Apple is progressing towards is simply the NeXTStep UI modernized.

I guess things always come full circle..

NeXTStep Marble

what are you talking about?? i see nothing remotely similar in those two pics
  • Reply 51 of 75
    i can't believe it, this is soooo boring to see! a boring slider to change the size of the icons! i remember that once there even was a slider in the options to change the size, but well, it was removed and set to two different sizes, simply because apple wanted to do this.

i fall asleep when i see these videos. it's the same boring interface, the same color, the same everything. why should one even install it? well, at least it's a new quicktime icon, which unfortunately now looks like a star trek "space cadettes" jewlery. and I also think that i have seen this desktopbackground somewhere...
  • Reply 52 of 75
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Technically, yes, but X is the Roman numeral for ten so it?s only incorrect to those pedant about the vocalization.

Come on, no one says

Rocky i i (eye eye)

Rocky i i i (eye eye eye)

Rocky iv (eye vee)

Rocky v (vee)

lol
  • Reply 53 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bodypainter View Post

i can't believe it, this is soooo boring to see! a boring slider to change the size of the icons! i remember that once there even was a slider in the options to change the size, but well, it was removed and set to two different sizes, simply because apple wanted to do this.

i fall asleep when i see these videos. it's the same boring interface, the same color, the same everything. why should one even install it? well, at least it's a new quicktime icon, which unfortunately now looks like a star trek "space cadettes" jewlery. and I also think that i have seen this desktopbackground somewhere...

How do you think the UI should be updated?
  • Reply 54 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Come on, no one says

Rocky i i (eye eye)

Rocky iv (eye vee)

Rocky v (vee)

lol

Good point.
  • Reply 55 of 75
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

How do you think the UI should be updated?

Just copy Windows 7 and Apple will take over the world.
  • Reply 56 of 75
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post

and I can only play video in the preview window of column view [aka the best view]

Quoted for truth

Quote:

Come on, no one says

Rocky i i (eye eye)

Rocky iv (eye vee)

Rocky v (vee)

lol

While the first 3 are correct, unfortunately I have heard people say Rock Vee. I think it just happens with 5 and 10?
  • Reply 57 of 75
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:

LOL. Is that all you got out of the video? It is Quick Time 10 and not Quick Time X, so the X is the Roman Numeral 10. Also Quick Time is TWO separate words and not one as you have it spelled...

Funny, because Apple spells QuickTime as one word, with a capital "Q" and a capital "T".

Quote:

See what I mean? It's kind of goofy to point out petty details, especially when you're wrong yourself.

Yeah, it's kinda schmuckish to rail on any old Joe Blow because they didn't know whether to call it Oh Ess Ten (vs. Oh Ess Ex). But its another thing to hold yourself out as some kind of Mac authority like this guy did, and then get something so fundamentally wrong. Makes it hard to take the guy seriously.
  • Reply 58 of 75
    Move along.
  • Reply 59 of 75
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Come on, no one says

Rocky i i (eye eye)

Rocky iv (eye vee)

Rocky v (vee)

lol

Most of those are true, but language doesn?t have to be linear in usage. I can?t imaging people saying Mac OS XI (Ex,Eye). I can?t even imagine Apple spelling it that way. Mac OS 11 seems more reasonable. Same goes for the next version of QuickTime, though I?d guess that it won?t come until Mac OS X gets the numerical bump.
  • Reply 60 of 75
    ckh1272ckh1272 Posts: 107member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YodaMac View Post

Well, whenever I hear "artists" moaning about what other people should think is or isn't "attractive".... I ignore them and their egos.

I consider myself an artist, but you won't hear me inflating my ego by saying something so pretentious and annoying. Just change the background and be done with it. It is that hard to do?