2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jb85 View Post

what is that all about?

did you not eat your wheaties today?

Maybe someone pissed in his wheaties.....
  • Reply 22 of 29
    dcj001dcj001 Posts: 301member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nonstopdesign View Post

This board is full of dicks. bye.

I guess that that are fewer xxxxs here now.

I just don't understand how some people ask others to spend time giving information, or finding the information online, when it should take less time and effort for the first person to find the information online.

In my response, I shared my feelings that, if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. And, if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    shigzeoshigzeo Posts: 78member
    i've not posted in a long, long time, but this thread was an excellent returning point: it had humour, suspense and a bit of edging the loafer. thanks ai
  • Reply 24 of 29
    randythotrandythot Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

i have to disagree., I think that Jobs will leave, or at least lessen his role to more of a consulting level. his health will probably end up forcing it. or the media backlash about his health will. but I think that Jobs will leave his rank of CEO with a light heart and faith in the future.

Why? because if you read between the lines of the history there is, contrary to reports, a succession plan. and that plan is Tim Cook. Jobs brought him into the company, Jobs entrusted him with the company more than once. It seems a lot like he has picked and has been grooming his heir. someone as smart as him, someone that likely shares his vision for the future of the company and computing in general and someone enough dislike him in personality that the poor guy won't be saddled with "Steve Jobs Version 2.0" jokes and comparisons.

The timing of your plan is contingent on Jobs' health, and the likely intent on utilizing Jobs' strategic vision and incisiveness.

Cook always finishes what he starts. He was one of the original people who helped restart Apple. I don't think he needs another thrill by working over Dell or another co. He's no done at Apple, and no other company has the same soul or ethos in the computer industry.

The thing that this original article mentioned about reducing inventory, and as a result incresing cash flow and profit margin, reminds me about how aweful some of the waits were for new products prior to and early in Cook's time with Apple.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    silenciosilencio Posts: 134member
    Cook is an outstanding Operations guy. I'd go out on a limb to say he's been the best COO in America over the past ten years. The speed and thoroughness with which he turned around Apple's bloated and inefficient operations in 1998-1999 was simply staggering, and they have remained very tightly disciplined ever since, with only a few comparatively minor slip-ups here and there.

I don't know why people say that Apple doesn't have a clear succession plan. Those people clearly don't follow the company very closely at all. Cook is the guy, and he'll make an excellent long-term CEO, but it also helps greatly that the rest of the executive team is so well-established and stable and trusted by Jobs.

If Jobs takes a diminished role, and I hope he does for the sake of his family and his long term health outlook, I hope he focuses strictly on the product side of things. Nobody does it better.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    gregoriusmgregoriusm Posts: 513member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silencio View Post

Cook is an outstanding Operations guy. I'd go out on a limb to say he's been the best COO in America over the past ten years. The speed and thoroughness with which he turned around Apple's bloated and inefficient operations in 1998-1999 was simply staggering, and they have remained very tightly disciplined ever since, with only a few comparatively minor slip-ups here and there.

I don't know why people say that Apple doesn't have a clear succession plan. Those people clearly don't follow the company very closely at all. Cook is the guy, and he'll make an excellent long-term CEO, but it also helps greatly that the rest of the executive team is so well-established and stable and trusted by Jobs.

If Jobs takes a diminished role, and I hope he does for the sake of his family and his long term health outlook, I hope he focuses strictly on the product side of things. Nobody does it better.

Good answer!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    iphoniaciphoniac Posts: 23member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zsilverman View Post

Why the hell is he wearing a blackberry in public? The caption says last October, which means the iphone was out!

I believe it is the wireless receiver for the microphone that he is using on stage, not a bb.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iphoniac View Post

I believe it is the wireless receiver for the microphone that he is using on stage, not a bb.

I think you mean wireless transmitter.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    I for one would like to see Scott Forstall have a shot at Apple CEO after Jobs retires.