Let's see what the data says...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    I wonder what these other phones are?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    macaloymacaloy Posts: 104member
    Have a 3G and am passing

3G has everything I want really and I got another year on my contract.

I prefer to wait.

More space is nice as is RAM but neither are game-changers for me.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    expatexpat Posts: 110member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Basic LG flip phone for me. By the end of the summer, once any possible bugs are worked out, I'll lilkely be switching carriers and getting a 3GS. I was pondering a Touch to used from browsing and apps while on the road, but having that AND a phone seemed silly when one device could do both.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    I didn't respond, as there wasn't a specific option for "Had a 2G iPhone and already bought a 3GS".

But the performance difference between this and the 2G is fantastic!

Both the App performance and the 3G (vs EDGE)... much snappier! I was still happy with the original iPhone, but I'm very glad I bought the 3GS.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

I have an LG Dare that I am very happy with but mostly I am both happy but stuck on the Verizon Wireless network. There is a campground where we are members and it is the only service that works up there (this is true of many campgrounds in our area.) Additionally since the coverage is so good in So Cal for Verizon and so bad for seemingly everyone else, there isn't a friend or family member I have that isn't on Verizon. I also get get a 15% discount through my employer.

When I bought the Dare it is a feature phone but has an HTML browser and multitasks in the same form that the iPhone does, aka you can keep the music playing while doing everything else. It has a 3.2 megapixel camera w/flash and shoots video at 640x480 much like the new iPhone. I've used the camera a lot. I have sent videos and photos straight to Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, you name it. My battery easily lasts the weekend and I average three days between charges with heavy use.

With Verizon Wireless, and feature phones, you can get full data and several other features (including TBT GPS) for $20 per month per phone. I use these features quite a bit.

The things I want from my next phone are a better browser. The LG Versa has a tabbed browser and I wouldn't mind having that browser on my next phone. I want WiFi which my Dare does not have. I want to keep going bigger and better on the camera angle but I also like the size of my Dare. It is slightly bigger than my old Razr and whatever replaces it has to be just as small.

So if VZW offers a Dare2 with say Wifi, a 5 megapixel camera, tabbed browser in the same size package they will have my money.

I'll check out the Pre when it comes to VZW. The next version of the Storm is already being talked about and appears to improve on the first quite a bit. I'd gladly consider the iPhone if it were on VZW. However I'm kinda digging this feature phone-niche for now too.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    ronnocoronnoco Posts: 1member
    The upgrade from my 2G iPhone to my 3GS is reminiscent of my upgrade from my G4 PowerBook to my 1st Gen MacBook Pro...look the same, don't preform the same...

Truly an eye popping speed difference in every way...

(not to mention the waaaaaaay improved graphics...couldn't be happier with the 3GS)...
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I didn't respond, as there wasn't a specific option for "Had a 2G iPhone and already bought a 3GS".

But the performance difference between this and the 2G is fantastic!

Both the App performance and the 3G (vs EDGE)... much snappier! I was still happy with the original iPhone, but I'm very glad I bought the 3GS.

The 2G option is there: "Had an iPhone or 3G..." Perhaps "Had an iPhone or iPhone 3G..." would have been a little clearer; my bad.

Glad to hear about your experience; they go on sale tomorrow here in Japan and I should be #2 or #3 on the waiting list at my shop...
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacAloy View Post

Have a 3G and am passing

3G has everything I want really and I got another year on my contract.

I prefer to wait.

More space is nice as is RAM but neither are game-changers for me.

That's cool. The video capture did the trick for me; need it for my work and will save me from carrying a vid cam; a little bit of money to always have video capability without weight and bulk. Otherwise, I was pretty happy with my 3G, too, especially after the 3.0 update. It's a great device.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

The 2G option is there: "Had an iPhone or 3G..." Perhaps "Had an iPhone or iPhone 3G..." would have been a little clearer; my bad...

No, your wording was fine, I just didn't read it adequately

MY bad.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    rasmooserasmoose Posts: 20member
    Since the iPhone (3G S) is now going to be sold by a half-decent provider in Denmark (3), I am finally replacing my Nokia N82 (a phone with better features than the iPhone 3G, but with a ridiculous user interface). Before then, the only option for getting an iPhone was two other, rather corrupt, companies...
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Get my 3GS (hopefully) in just under 9 hours...

Sadly, the forecast is for rain; I was hoping to give the camera a good testing.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Get my 3GS (hopefully) in just under 9 hours...

Sadly, the forecast is for rain; I was hoping to give the camera a good testing.

There's a new app for that at the app store...

But it is kind of expensive....
  • Reply 13 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    What about the polling option, "Have a different phone, waiting for AT&T exclusive contract to expire"?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Have played with my new 3GS for about a day now. It is fast, real fast. Video is great.

Awesome.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Interesting results so far.

Any real world data out there?