Safari problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a problem with Safari because when I try to listen to the radio (wma format with Flip4Mac) the music pauses when I open a new tab, I have to be in the current radio tab to be able to listen. How can i solve this? Haven't find any answers on google!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Since Safari 4 I cannot make normal screenshots with Command-Shift-3 (whole screen) or Command-Shift-4 (part screen) anymore...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    antiiantii Posts: 7member
    Suppose i'll stick with Firefox as default browser for some more time
  • Reply 3 of 5
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by antii View Post

I have a problem with Safari because when I try to listen to the radio (wma format with Flip4Mac) the music pauses when I open a new tab, I have to be in the current radio tab to be able to listen. How can i solve this?

Open the radio page in a new window instead of a tab and then put it in the background and it should continue playing. Safari tabs don't play in the background to prevent an overload of CPU usage from multiple tabs.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    antiiantii Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

Open the radio page in a new window instead of a tab and then put it in the background and it should continue playing. Safari tabs don't play in the background to prevent an overload of CPU usage from multiple tabs.

Aha! I noticed it was the same thing with Firefox!

Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Since Safari 4 I cannot make normal screenshots with Command-Shift-3 (whole screen) or Command-Shift-4 (part screen) anymore...

I got a Software Update today, and that fixed it.

Thank God.

But I'm with antii: Safari 4 has already crashed or frozen about a dozen times on me now. Sometimes taking my whole Mac down with it, requiring a hard restart.

That really p|sses me off.

It's far below par performance for a major Mac app, from where I sit. And unheard of with Safaris 1, 2, and 3!

Apple's patched Safari 4 a couple times already (sorry: "Software Update"). But it didn't make much of a difference, afaik. In fact, it is Safari 4's previous update (a couple days ago? A week?) that I strongly suspect of being the cause of my screenshot problem.

I'll be giving Safari 4 a wide berth for a couple months. And give Apple a chance to fix it.

Meanwhile back to FireFox indeed.