Breaking: shots fired at Virginia-based Apple Store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
An unidentified man fired at least one shot at the Apple Store Clarendon in Arlington, Virginia shortly after the store opened Friday morning, wounding at least one, a person with knowledge of the situation tells AppleInsider.

"Someone was just shot at the store and just were carted out in an ambulance," that person said. "Unsure what happened but the store is closed down and there are police everywhere."

Witnesses report hearing a loud bang coming from the back room followed by a woman screaming. A thin-framed, black male believed to be in his twenties and wearing a fake beard was seen fleeing from the rear of the store.

Local authorities have called in air support to help search for the suspect, who was reportedly clad in beige. The victim, whose gender and identity have yet to be identified, is believed to have been shot in the shoulder.

Update: Local branches of both ABC and FOX news are now confirming the incident, and the Washington Post claims the victim of the apparent botched armed robbery is a female.

One Confirmed Shot at Arlington Apple Store

One Person Shot At Apple Store

Developing...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 123
    crebcreb Posts: 276member
    I hope no one was killed.
  • Reply 2 of 123
    trackertracker Posts: 35member
  • Reply 3 of 123
    merdheadmerdhead Posts: 587member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CREB View Post

I hope no one was insured.

I agree, the insurance companies would have to pay out so much money, poor things. Never mind that someone might die.
  • Reply 4 of 123
    merdheadmerdhead Posts: 587member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tracker View Post

The assailant or the victim?
  • Reply 5 of 123
    syklee26syklee26 Posts: 78member
  • Reply 6 of 123
    Another argument for gun control. Carrying your gun, being alert, and being in control to shoot back!!
  • Reply 7 of 123
    freakytfreakyt Posts: 11member
    Oh those silly Virginians. Where will they shoot up next?
  • Reply 8 of 123
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member
    Lets put bet's on as to if the gun man was a PC user or not..

My bet's that the lunatic was a windows botherer corrupted by jealousy.
  • Reply 9 of 123
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by syklee26 View Post

http://apcmag.com/site/wp-content/up...-Huang-350.gif

mugshot of the assailant

Clever.
  • Reply 10 of 123
    uniuni Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgreencrna View Post

Another argument for gun control. Carrying your gun, being alert, and being in control to shoot back!!

Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.
  • Reply 11 of 123
    Sounds like the assailant was after an individual. Hope they didn't injure the person too badly. Yeah, gun control...chances are the gun he used was obtained illegally. I'm sure whatever the reason they had for doing this isn't good enough. Bastards.
  • Reply 12 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Lets put bet's on as to if the gun man was a PC user or not..

My bet's that the lunatic was a windows botherer corrupted by jealousy.

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.
  • Reply 13 of 123
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

LoL.... not to make light of a horrible situation.
  • Reply 14 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uni View Post

Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.

People with CCW permits go through extensive background checks including being finger printed. I would assume that even a "clean" meth addict wouldn't even try to go through such a process to be officially "in the system." I highly doubt the gun man had a legal gun.
  • Reply 15 of 123
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member
    Quote:

Had not noticed that bit. Oh thats sealed it then! lol
  • Reply 16 of 123
    Here's an actual artists rendition of the suspect from a local news station.

Apple Store Shooting Suspect.

Hope they catch him!
  • Reply 17 of 123
    i've been there a few times. that area is notorious for being dangerous. some guy even made a rap about the place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
  • Reply 18 of 123
    jimerljimerl Posts: 53member
    the news reporter's description of the assailant leaving store was fairly specific, except for skin tone which was not mentioned. Wyte, blaq, broun, light, dark would be helpful and pertinent.
  • Reply 19 of 123
    If the shooter was a tall, slightly over weight, balding man over 50, sounds like Steve Ballmer.
  • Reply 20 of 123
    winterspanwinterspan Posts: 605member
    Quote:

"clad in beige". That's a pc user if there ever was one.

hahah!