Breaking: shots fired at Virginia-based Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimerl View Post

the news reporter's description of the assailant leaving store was fairly specific, except for skin tone which was not mentioned. Wyte, blaq, broun, light, dark would be helpful and pertinent.

he was wearing brown flip flops
  • Reply 22 of 123
    OMG, I Got Plugged.
  • Reply 23 of 123
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.
  • Reply 24 of 123
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by damnyooneek View Post

A Linux-user, in that case. :P
  • Reply 25 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

WTF is in the water in Virginia? This shooting, Virginia Tech, the snipers Malvo and Muhammad killed many in Virginia. Jeebus. I just hope no one was seriously injured.

Ever try I-95 through Virginia? 90% of the world's hate is on that miserable stretch of asphalt during a holiday.
  • Reply 26 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

VA is hood. the whole state is plagued with crazy people. even though those events have nothing to do with each other I think its because they're all tripping off of acetylsalicylic acid.
  • Reply 27 of 123
    alanskyalansky Posts: 235member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by technohermit View Post

Ever try I-95 through Virginia? 90% of the world's hate is on that miserable stretch of asphalt during a holiday.

Virginia rednecks say "We don't need no stinkin' Apple Store!"
  • Reply 28 of 123
    ulfoafulfoaf Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimerl View Post

the news reporter's description of the assailant leaving store was fairly specific, except for skin tone which was not mentioned. Wyte, blaq, broun, light, dark would be helpful and pertinent.

Don't you know mentioning his race would be stereotyping all people of the same race? That's much more important than catching a killer. You just aren't PC, man.

Yeah, Apple always puts stores in really bad neighborhoods.
  • Reply 29 of 123
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    I was in that store Wed. night and I live in the area. The store is located in a little open mall called Market Common with high end stores like Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. It's an extremely safe area full of well to do yuppies. That's why there's an Apple store there. The assailant was a thin black guy who was probably trying to rob the place soon after the doors opened. The restrooms are at the back of the store through the same door that goes to the stockroom. It used to be that the restroom door was on the left at the back of the store with a separate stockroom door on the right but they changed it so there's now only one common door. They might want to rethink that arrangement.

Hope the shooting victim is OK.
  • Reply 30 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uni View Post

Who's to say that the shooting wasn't caused by a vigilant gun owner (read: meth addict up for 4 days) who THOUGHT somebody else had a gun and was trying to stop THEM? Wow, your argument kinda fell apart there.

Let's see: vigilant gun owner =meth addict up for 4 days? What...are you smoking crack??
  • Reply 31 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

I was in that store Wed. night and I live in the area. The store is located in a little open mall called Market Common with high end stores like Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. It's an extremely safe area full of well to do yuppies. That's why there's an Apple store there. The assailant was a thin black guy who was probably trying to rob the place soon after the doors opened. The restrooms are at the back of the store through the same door that goes to the stockroom. It used to be that the restroom door was on the left at the back of the store with a separate stockroom door on the right but they changed it so there's now only one common door. They might want to rethink that arrangement.

Hope the shooting victim is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo the place is dangerous. there are curfew hours living there.
  • Reply 32 of 123
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

A Linux-user, in that case. :P
  • Reply 33 of 123
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:

VA is hood. the whole state is plagued with crazy people. even though those events have nothing to do with each other I think its because they're all tripping off of acetylsalicylic acid.

LOL! Tripping on aspirin? Hahahaha.

Hey, I live in Northern Virginia and the violent crime here is committed by people from DC. Go pick on them!
  • Reply 34 of 123
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo the place is dangerous. there are curfew hours living there.

I have been there recently and it's the Apple Store I've visited most during my stays in the US...curfew where? This is normally a safe area with lots of nice houses around, not to mention the Mall itself, crowded with upper-middle class people and fancy stores...you may drop your crack pipe now.
  • Reply 35 of 123
    ulfoafulfoaf Posts: 175member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.

Hope PC didn't try to settle things with Mac Once And For All. Maybe he froze up before he could finish the job.
  • Reply 36 of 123
    idleidle Posts: 49member
    I've seen crazy customers get unbelievably irate in my old Apple Store. One guy started yelling, slamming things around, and tried to force himself to the back room just because his computer wouldn't get fixed quickly enough. I'm actually not horribly surprised that something like this happened \
  • Reply 37 of 123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

I have been there recently and it's the Apple Store I've visited most during my stays in the US...curfew where? This is normally a safe area with lots of nice houses around, not to mention the Mall itself, crowded with upper-middle class people and fancy stores...you may drop your crack pipe now.

watch the video. the comment was suppose to be sarcastic. the area is 5 minutes from DC and the condos there cost a minimum of $500k
  • Reply 38 of 123
    constable odoconstable odo Posts: 1,041member
    What robbery? The dude was probably an Apple-hater. Or possibly sent by Microsoft to scare people from going into Apple retail stores. See how fast the news jumped on it. There are shootings all the time.
  • Reply 39 of 123
    paigepaige Posts: 1member
    As a fellow Apple employee, I really hope that the woman who was shot will be ok. It never ceases to amaze me how shallow some of the people who have commented here are!
  • Reply 40 of 123
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nuclearwinter View Post

"Clad in beige". That's a PC user if there ever was one.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Idle View Post

I've seen crazy customers get unbelievably irate in my old Apple Store. One guy started yelling, slamming things around, and tried to force himself to the back room just because his computer wouldn't get fixed quickly enough. I'm actually not horribly surprised that something like this happened \

He wasn?t wearing a Seattle Seahawk?s hat or jersey, was he?