Hardware Showdown!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Which platform is the most productive for everyday stuff: email, writting, webbrowsing, etc?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Which platform is the most productive for everyday stuff: email, writting, webbrowsing, etc?

The iPhone wins hands down in processing power, intuitiveness, portability, speed.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:

The iPhone wins hands down in processing power, intuitiveness, portability, speed.

Talking to yourself is only a little odd, but when you progress to lying to yourself, it's time to find a shrink.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    The Dell laptop is clearly going to be the more productive due to: larger screen, proper keyboard, full size OS. The iPhone is good for light internet use, emails, etc, but certainly can't compete with a proper PC.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    xgrewellxxgrewellx Posts: 22member
    Dell hands down, The iphone is only good for very light internet use, and the occasional email.

The laptop has a full keyboard, screen, full capability browser, and has much more software that is business centric.

I smell a troll....
  • Reply 5 of 13
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Gee, doesn't it kinda depend on whether you're trying to check a couple of e-mail messages while running through an airports or if you're working on an Excel spreadsheet? If Tauron can answer that first then I'll vote.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Gee, doesn't it kinda depend on whether you're trying to check a couple of e-mail messages while running through an airports or if you're working on an Excel spreadsheet? If Tauron can answer that first then I'll vote.

Yes, factor that into the equation.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Yes, factor that into the equation.

I said I'd vote after you answered the question. You didn't answer anything.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    This is crazy. The iPhone needs to be compared to a netbook. For the most part netbooks run XP SP3. Why Dell, do you work for them? A Vista based Inspiron, will not be any smaller than a MacBook. Hardly a good comparison. Now that the Dell Mini 9 is out of the picture, I would take Dell out of the loop. That's just me. Most netbooks are all about the same. Same processor, ram, similar hard drive options. I would go with the best bang for the buck. Most are all priced below $400. Just pick what suits your needs the best. While some can use 3G, none of them include a phone. I think there is bias here. You must work for Dell.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Obviously my iPhone, it's with me all the time unlike the Dell I don't own, which would take too long to unpack and boot up for most of my email and web use.

Now, here's a question for you:-

Which is the better vehicle:-

a) A Ferrari

b) A 7 seat people mover.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Obviously my iPhone, it's with me all the time unlike the Dell I don't own, which would take too long to unpack and boot up for most of my email and web use.

a) A Ferrari

What color is the Ferrari?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WPLJ42 View Post

What color is the Ferrari?

Red. Aren't all Ferraris red???
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Red. Aren't all Ferraris red???

If you use Google images and search for Ferrari, it will take a while to find one that isn't red. My mistake. If one isn't red, it probably should be. I have no need for an iPhone, but can see were others do. My favorite realtor couldn't live without her Blackberry, which is also red, and it rings like a phone did back in the days when they were black.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

a) A Ferrari

... and voila!!