Bad Buying Experience with Apple

cwhcwh
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just became a mac user since February 2009. I have been so happy with my MB 13" that I pushed my sister to switch from Windows to Mac, too. My sister cannot type Thai without looking at the keyboard with Thai characters (I had no problem with that). There was no "thai keyboard" option in apple store online, so we went to an authorized shop on campus, and they said they could place a custom order with Thai keyboard. Here are what she had to go through.

Jun 26: She placed the order on June 26 with excitement and happiness (The receipt printed "Thai Keyboard in the product description). She came back home and decided to resell her computer to her friend.

Jun 27: She backed up her data, restored her current computer to the default.

Jun 28: She delivered it to her friend before leaving town for 3 days.

Jun 29: Apple called they could not fulfill the order.

Jul 2: Back in town, we went to the store to talk to the store manager. My sister explained her situation (and as of now, she doesn't have a computer to use), and the store manager just said that he couldn't do anything but refund. There was no offer to make her feel better, but "That's it. That's what we could do." We got back home and she called Customer Relation Department to file a complaint. My sister felt better after hearing an apology from the staff she talked to. She also got a coupon, which however could not use with the transaction in question.

Now, we realize that to buy a MBP with Thai keyboard, we have to buy it only in Thailand. Using the sticker is not a practical solution because it will devalue the backlit keyboard. I tried to buy it from Apple store Thailand, but it can be shipped ONLY to an address in Thailand. What Apple is doing doesn't make sense at all. No convenience. So I will have to ask someone to ship it to me here in USA. Apple should consider expats who want to use their home-language keyboard, too.

Anyway, based on the experiences that my sister had had with Apple, she decided to go back to Windows. Actually, she made another plan to go for IPhone 3GS after buying MBP! Even though I am happy with my MB, I don't feel like recommending Apple to anyone anymore.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CWH View Post

What Apple is doing doesn't make sense at all. Apple should consider expats who want to use their home-language keyboard, too.

They probably assume that if someone emigrates, they will typically adopt the native language so the number of people regularly using a non-native language is likely pretty small and if they don't adopt it, they can use external solutions.

It's going to kill the resale value of the machine for one thing. Also, what would your sister do to type in English if it had a Thai keyboard?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CWH

Using the sticker is not a practical solution because it will devalue the backlit keyboard.

You could buy this one that doesn't have a backlit keyboard:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...mco=MjE0NDk5Mw

The sticker is probably the most practical solution or an external keyboard.

Quote:

Anyway, based on the experiences that my sister had had with Apple, she decided to go back to Windows.

You mean she decided to opt for a manufacturer who offers laptops with Thai keyboards. Microsoft isn't one of those companies. What company actually offers this? Dell doesn't have it in their options.

Quote:

Actually, she made another plan to go for IPhone 3GS after buying MBP!

She's losing out more than Apple. Interestingly she may have been able to hook up the iphone to the laptop with a virtual Thai keyboard:

http://www.gadgetspy.co.uk/communica...air-mouse/1511

Quote:

Even though I am happy with my MB, I don't feel like recommending Apple to anyone anymore.

It's a popular choice.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fayas View Post

I don't see how anything you said was relevant. So you don't like how apple devices organize data... so why did you buy it in the first place? It seems like your only problem is lack of research before buying it. Here's a useful link: Also, I thought it was common knowledge that magnets and electronics don't mix. Don't blame all apple products because you were too lazy to find out what you like before you bought it and then put magnets next to it.

Bye spammer.....