Police release surveillance videos of Apple Store shooting suspect

Comments

• Reply 21 of 63
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

Your spelling of "neighbour" tells me thatyou are not from the States, let alone Philadelphia where 15 people can witness a murder and none of them will claim they saw anything.

Just because you spell a word a certain way doesn't mean your necessarily from a certain area. I mean I use British English and I'm an American.

Also what does Philly have to do with anything wasn't this in DC?
  • Reply 22 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Note to self, invite Teckstud to Philly.

Please stop
  • Reply 23 of 63
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsNly View Post

Just because you spell a word a certain way doesn't mean your necessarily from a certain area. I mean I use British English and I'm an American.

I?m right there with you. I was asked that this weekend on Ai because of my occasional use of British-ish spelling.
  • Reply 24 of 63
    davidtdavidt Posts: 112member
    Quote:

Yes, fear of reprisal. I wasn't clear in my first post - so I apologize.

I understand, thanks!
  • Reply 25 of 63
    applestudapplestud Posts: 367member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The fact that it happened in an Apple Store is purely coincidental to this site. It's not Apple-related really, it's more a reflection on the failure of society. Our schools (worldwide) for one, only recognize and value highly a certain kind of intelligence, or aptitude. Several of the great artists or thought leaders this world has seen went relatively unnoticed at school. Any one of them could have had a much different life.

wtf are you talking about
  • Reply 26 of 63
    jont-ukjont-uk Posts: 25member
    Whilst you guys are arguing about the ills of society and the fall in standards of human behaviour - I'm a little saddened that nobody cares for the welfare of the employee that was shot !!

I'm damn sure she didn't sign-up for that when she took to work in the store - I hope SJ finds a few minutes of his time to pass on his best wishes ...

Jon
  • Reply 27 of 63
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The fact that it happened in an Apple Store is purely coincidental to this site. It's not Apple-related really, it's more a reflection on the failure of society. Our schools (worldwide) for one, only recognize and value highly a certain kind of intelligence, or aptitude. Several of the great artists or thought leaders this world has seen went relatively unnoticed at school. Any one of them could have had a much different life.

This entire philosophical comment is not Apple-related, period.
  • Reply 28 of 63
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

These videos are not good enough to aid the police.

Too bad the Apple clerk didn't offer an iPhone and to tell him it needed to be activated with AT&T for it to function, then say he has a courtesy trial of Mobile Me and set that up for him and then have the police use Mobile Me's "find my iPhone" feature and the next phrase that thug would hear is "book 'em, Dano"! \
  • Reply 29 of 63
    big kcbig kc Posts: 141member
    Quote:

Note to self, invite Teckstud to Philly.

• Reply 30 of 63
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

For the curious.

http://www.kravmaga.com/

Actually thought about taking classes for a time. Not as deadly as actual military training, but close enough.
  • Reply 31 of 63
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

I have never cared for the term African-American. Where else are we pairing a continent with a country like that. I?ve even heard it start for people that are neither. What if people know where they ancestors came from in a particular country in Africa? Does American refer to the USofA or to all the two continents known as North and South America? Should I be called be African-European-American because my gringo ass has a geneology that gets to the Americas from Africa via Europe over thousands of years? Heck, there might even be some Western Asian in the mix somewhere.

"African-American" is just political correctness run amok. Even president Obama, if described using this form of newspeak, might be called a "Kenyan-English-American". Ridiculous! \
  • Reply 32 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mavfan1 View Post

right, it's never the fault of the person who chose to pull the trigger, it's all our fault as a society that we didn't recognize this young gentleman was a poet and a scholar. \

THAT reply was poetry in and of itself! Well said.
  • Reply 33 of 63
    traysertrayser Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jont-uk View Post

Whilst you guys are arguing about the ills of society and the fall in standards of human behaviour - I'm a little saddened that nobody cares for the welfare of the employee that was shot !!

I'm damn sure she didn't sign-up for that when she took to work in the store - I hope SJ finds a few minutes of his time to pass on his best wishes ...

Jon

I heard somewhere (most likely on the talkcast on TUAW yesterday) that SJ actually called and spoke to her.
  • Reply 34 of 63
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post

Why? Somebody might remember seeing an individual wearing those clothes near the crime scene on the day in question (4 days ago) and remember something else, eg a car the individual used.

Maybe my mind is shot but WTH?!?!? I couldn't even tell you with any degree of certainty what I was wearing just 2 short days ago let alone what my neighbor or some random Joe on the street happen to be wearing 4 days ago!

Like those stupid courtroom scenes where the lawyer asks, "what where you doing July 15th between the hours of 3:30 and 4:45..."

I sure know what I'd say... "Hell if I know, can I go home now?"

D
  • Reply 35 of 63
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Maybe my mind is shot but WTH?!?!? I couldn't even tell you with any degree of certainty what I was wearing just 2 short days ago let alone what my neighbor or some random Joe on the street happen to be wearing 4 days ago!

Like those stupid courtroom scenes where the lawyer asks, "what where you doing July 15th between the hours of 3:30 and 4:45..."

D

100% true for me, too!
  • Reply 36 of 63
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

D

Yeah, exactly. I can't tell you what anyone I know was wearing yesterday, or even this morning. I just don't pay attention to that. But I guess some (perhaps of the female persuasion ) do pay closer attention to such things.
  • Reply 37 of 63
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jont-uk View Post

I hope SJ finds a few minutes of his time to pass on his best wishes ...

Jon

WTF? How would that make anything better? Getting to talk to a celebrity, will make getting shot somehow more worth it?
  • Reply 38 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

D

Yes but if they told you what he was wearing you might remember the details. Yes, now that you mention it, I did see a black man matching that description. I wondered to myself, where was he going in such a hurry with that pistol in his hand.
  • Reply 39 of 63
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

All Apple Stores need color cameras like they have in banks. These videos are not good enough to aid the police.

You're right. I wonder where Apple could find color video cameras and the equipment to connect to them and record to a hard disk? Hmmm....where where where?
  • Reply 40 of 63
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Was he for sure an American? He apparently had African physical characteristics but might have been an illegal alien from many possible countries.

African American is PC for "black", regardless of anything else.

Kinda curious what PC Americans call black people from England (or anywhere else for that matter).