Police release surveillance videos of Apple Store shooting suspect

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

African American is PC for "black", regardless of anything else.

Kinda curious what PC Americans call black people from England (or anywhere else for that matter).

Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for Americans to not be informed that the term should only apply to certain black Americans.

PS: Since it’s scientific fact that race does not exist I look forward when we no long use such terminology to define someone as belonging to a race.
  • Reply 42 of 63
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"African-American" is just political correctness run amok. Even president Obama, if described using this form of newspeak, might be called a "Kenyan-English-American". Ridiculous! \

Actually, if you believe that all of humanity originated out of Africa, then everyone living in America today is an African-American.

I've actually always found the term derogatory as it assumes that every person who is black is from Africa. They could be from Haiti. Now, if you say that all Haitians originally came from Africa, see the paragraph above.
  • Reply 43 of 63
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsNly View Post

Just because you spell a word a certain way doesn't mean your necessarily from a certain area. I mean I use British English and I'm an American.

So, you are just trying to fool all of us.

Also what does Philly have to do with anything wasn't this in DC?

I was just giving my own experience here.
  • Reply 44 of 63
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

Actually, if you believe that all of humanity originated out of Africa, then everyone living in America today is an African-American.

Next... the religious debate
  • Reply 45 of 63
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Since it?s scientific fact that race does not exist I look forward when we no long use such terminology to define someone as belonging to a race.

I agree, I always mark other and put Human on forms.
  • Reply 46 of 63
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Sorry for a non-Apple related comment to an article on a non-Apple related event that happened to occur at an Apple store. And btw, I never said the guy shouldn't go down for what he did. I'm merely stating a broader statement about violence in general. 1/13 of the American population will go to prison at one time in their lives. That is a sad state of affairs, that's all I'm saying. I don't think 1/13 should be in prison. Other countries are is a similarly bad situation too. Things are not always what they seem. I've said my "peace"
  • Reply 47 of 63
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post

Why? Somebody might remember seeing an individual wearing those clothes near the crime scene on the day in question (4 days ago) and remember something else, eg a car the individual used.

Or somebody might recognize the individual because they've got a neighbour who dressed like that 4 days ago.

What's actually funny about that. Well not funny, but I suppose more enlightening about that is this: I was flicking through the channels (not that I watch much TV) one day and Oprah was on. They were talking about this very thing, so before the show started they faked a situation outside in the cue (queue). Some stole a purse and ran and jumped into a van which drove away. It was interesting to see that the majority or people who were asked got all the colors completely wrong. And not only wrong, but they got the guy's hair color wrong and his height. Most everything. It was funny to see practically nobody described the guy even near his description. So in that sense I do see the point in people laughing at the whole thing 4 days later. But to be fair, someone might know the guy, so it would help in that sort of case.
  • Reply 48 of 63
    The sucker got hired by Balmer
  • Reply 49 of 63
    echosonicechosonic Posts: 462member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

wtf are you talking about

he's talking about absolving the criminal of any blame for his actions. It wasn't his fault, it was our fault. It wasn't the fault of Black America that they rejected education and family solidity as being "white" qualities because of misplaced anger over slavery, it was our fault, because we live in the country where slavery existed and are the same color as the slave owners.

it is the typical mindset of a person who hasn't a clue.
  • Reply 50 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Next... the religious debate

This is far from a debate and from religion. There was longterm speculation but with DNA testing the patterns of human migration and species are quite clear, even in these early stages.

Quote:

Race: Human

Sex: Yes, please!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What's actually funny about that. Well not funny, but I suppose more enlightening about that is this: I was flicking through the channels (not that I watch much TV) one day and Oprah was on. They were talking about this very thing, so before the show started they faked a situation outside in the cue (queue). Some stole a purse and ran and jumped into a van which drove away. It was interesting to see that the majority or people who were asked got all the colors completely wrong. And not only wrong, but they got the guy's hair color wrong and his height. Most everything. It was funny to see practically nobody described the guy even near his description. So in that sense I do see the point in people laughing at the whole thing 4 days later. But to be fair, someone might know the guy, so it would help in that sort of case.

Did they add up what everyone noticed combined and determine what the most common elements of each category were? If so, were those accurate?
  • Reply 51 of 63
    Damn, those glossy screens sure get people worked up sometimes...
  • Reply 52 of 63
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MotherBrain View Post

Damn, those glossy screens sure get people worked up sometimes...

"I didn't mean to shoot her, the reflection was in my eyes!!!"
  • Reply 53 of 63
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

lol, I always put "Earthan."

If anyone asks, I'm racist against martians. Can't stand the buggers, or their music.
  • Reply 54 of 63
    emulatoremulator Posts: 251member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post

This is very true, he could be from anywhere. could be a black man from austria or sweden. might be a poet or scholar on an academic visa.

sweden, sure! you are such a joker.
  • Reply 55 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

lol, I always put "Earthan."

If anyone asks, I'm racist against martians. Can't stand the buggers, or their music.

1) I think xenist or xenophobe would be more apropos.

2) Ender will kill the Buggers so there is nothing to worry about.

3) I hope they never make the movie unless they use computer animation for the whole thing like Final Fantasy.
  • Reply 56 of 63
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    I don't see why. Perhaps, somebody knows some one who four days ago was wearing those types of clothes.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

It always makes me laugh when they post what clothes the person was wearing at the time when it is now 4 days later.

• Reply 57 of 63
    nano_tubenano_tube Posts: 114member
    Horrible.

Poor woman...

• Reply 58 of 63
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

PS: Since it?s scientific fact that race does not exist I look forward when we no long use such terminology to define someone as belonging to a race.

It's a scientific fact that not all sciences deal with facts.

Back to topic. Can we place that camera a little higher?
  • Reply 59 of 63
    inkswampinkswamp Posts: 337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mavfan1 View Post

right, it's never the fault of the person who chose to pull the trigger, it's all our fault as a society that we didn't recognize this young gentleman was a poet and a scholar. \

"It's a fair cop, but society's to blame."

"All right, we'll arrest them too."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

Me too! Fat, miserable Martian bastards.
  • Reply 60 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ulfoaf View Post

Your comment is even less Apple related. I seriously doubt this guy is a misunderstood genius.

Maybe he was there for an interview to be a Genius and the interview didn't go well.