Icons in Finder wont hilight....

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
heya ppl... for some reasson my icons in the finder wont wont hilight when clicked... if i restart or log out and log back in they do but this has been bothering me...

If it wasnt for the Jag feature that tells you x/20 items selected then i would never know whats selected

HELP lol

THanx..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Call Apple and tell them your pirated copy of Jag isn't working right and you want you 20¢ back for the blank cdrs.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    LoL
  • Reply 3 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Are you having the finder generate image previews for the icons? If so, these preview icons do not highlight when you select them. It's a bug in Jag (both 10.2.0 and 10.2.1).
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>Are you having the finder generate image previews for the icons? If so, these preview icons do not highlight when you select them. It's a bug in Jag (both 10.2.0 and 10.2.1).</strong><hr></blockquote>

heh... i hope 10.2.2 fixes that...... and trofffle.... SHADDUP!!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    You could just force-quit the Finder, that's what I do.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2:

<strong>

heh... i hope 10.2.2 fixes that...... and trofffle.... SHADDUP!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 7 of 11
    Close and reopen the window solve this problem for me. Exept, for desktop icon of course ! It's a very strange bug : It can disapear at fast it appear ! What I can say, I think this bug is present in 10.2.2, but occur less often than in 10.2
  • Reply 8 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by microtrash:

<strong>Close and reopen the window solve this problem for me. Exept, for desktop icon of course ! It's a very strange bug : It can disapear at fast it appear ! What I can say, I think this bug is present in 10.2.2, but occur less often than in 10.2</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think i may know whats causing it... Limewire... somehow it messes with the icons... just a hunch though....
  • Reply 9 of 11
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    [quote]Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2:

<strong>

I think i may know whats causing it... Limewire... somehow it messes with the icons... just a hunch though....</strong><hr></blockquote>

How, may I ask, did you come to that conclusion?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by tonton:

<strong>I've never had LimeWire installed, and I have the same problem. Especially on the desktop. I find that if I ignore the problem it goes away.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd have to say that's a wonderful apporach to _any_ problem. Just don't pay attention and you won't notice the bug... =)

Or you could just squint and imagine that the icon's been highlighted..