Matias Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone use the Matias Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard? I see that the Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard has a "power-on" button. While I am sure that the Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard itself works fine, I am hoping that the Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard's "power-on" button works with the Mac mini (2009). That will solve my problem of not being able to reach the "power-on" button in the rear of the Mac mini due to being in a wheelchair. I posted a question to Matias, just waiting to hear back from them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ginopiazza49 View Post

Does anyone use the Matias Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard? I see that the Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard has a "power-on" button. While I am sure that the Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard itself works fine, I am hoping that the Tactile Pro 2.0 keyboard's "power-on" button works with the Mac mini (2009). That will solve my problem of not being able to reach the "power-on" button in the rear of the Mac mini due to being in a wheelchair. I posted a question to Matias, just waiting to hear back from them.

While I have never used this option, you can go into System Preferences, then Energy Saver, and click on the button for Schedule. It will allow you to turn on your computer at a specific time.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I have an older Apple keyboard with the power button. It doesn't power on my 2007 Mac Mini, so i think you're out of luck. From what I recall, Apple removed that functionality from their computers with the Intel transition.