Microsoft stores to open near Apple's; Steve Jobs at Coldplay gig

Comments

• Reply 21 of 88
    alolkoyalolkoy Posts: 9member
    What a bunch of Johnny come latelys. Can these douchbags come up with an original idea?
  • Reply 22 of 88
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

Will Microsoft be selling HP and Dell computers in this store? What will make this store any different from Best Buy or any other store that sells all kinds of computers?

This will fail.

They'll have gurus instead of geniuses and sell Clippy dolls. Their mobile POS devices will run WinMo which by then Apple's will not.
  • Reply 23 of 88
    mrnewitmrnewit Posts: 1member
    I wholeheartedly applaud our great expeditionary force of Apple employees traveling to the Great White North. From there they can reconnoiter the strategic back-bacon supplies, round up reserve comedians and find the secret of Don Cherry's tailor. With these assets in our possession nothing will stop us in the 21st century! Not war, pestilence or the ever-present torment that is Dr. Phil.

Great things await, citizen! Vigilance!
  • Reply 24 of 88
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Do folks really pay retail for Windows?
  • Reply 25 of 88
    Microsoft has indeed gone philosophical...straight from the playbook of The Art of War : Keep your friends close. But keep your enemies closer! Good grief
  • Reply 26 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Oh sh*t, now he will be depressed... \

Really! ColdPlay take themselves so seriously. Over produced crap

Check out this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knNSPLI9PH4

Best
  • Reply 27 of 88
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 4,014member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericblr View Post

("He wouldn't enter into a discussion of what the stores themselves would resemble other than to say they wouldn't copy Apple. ")

Oh no, that picture doesnt look like an apple store at all!

*rolls eyes*

Kinda like how the new Zune doesn't copy Apple.
  • Reply 28 of 88
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

Let's not forget about Microsoft's first foray into retail - at the Metreon in San Francisco. I believe the banner out front said something like "Retails For Sure", but the next week I stopped by the store was boarded up.

I remember going in there a couple of times, and both time ended up asking myself 'why am I here again'?

Absolutely the most boring and mind deadening retail experience on record.

But now, of course, they have those great Zunes to show off. Are Xboxes still loss leaders for them or have they finally turned a profit?
  • Reply 29 of 88
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Looks like a Best Buy with wood accents.

Nothing to see here, folks.
  • Reply 30 of 88
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericblr View Post

("He wouldn't enter into a discussion of what the stores themselves would resemble other than to say they wouldn't copy Apple. ")

Oh no, that picture doesnt look like an apple store at all!

*rolls eyes*

There's one huge difference for sure... MS's Retail Experience Center is empty. Apple stores on the other hand are busy with satisfied customers.
  • Reply 31 of 88
    alanskyalansky Posts: 235member
    But wait... Where's the Microsoft BigAss Table?
  • Reply 32 of 88
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I didn't think Microsoft could be any more pathetic than they already are...but I was wrong. They copied the Mac OS; they copied the iPod; they're copying the iPhone as we speak; and now they're copying the Apple Stores. By the way, all of their "copies" are pathetic and I expect the stores to be horrendous specters.
  • Reply 33 of 88
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    As for Jobs I think recent events have had a major impact on his life view and his priority lists. Just guessing of course.
  • Reply 34 of 88
    I just don't get it. Microsoft outlines yet another expensive, ridiculous "plan" and their shareholders do nothing. If a company I owned stock in announced something so obviously destined to fail, I'd be at their front door tomorrow morning with a burning torch and a pitchfork.
  • Reply 35 of 88
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    I love how they have the "I'm a PC" sign on the left wall. What better way to win customers than to bring remembrance to one of the most effective ad campaigns on history. Made by your opponent!

Ha!

Microsoft never ceases to amaze me with their denseness and audacity.
  • Reply 36 of 88
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 699member
    I give the MS's store venture a yr before it backfires.
  • Reply 37 of 88
    jack macjack mac Posts: 92member
    Okay, so I have been overwhelmed by Microsoft's past but recent innovations ie: Vista, Zune, I look forward to their strategy to " "innovate for the long term". I guess that means more second rate copies of Apple's first rate products.

What's that loud-mouthed innovator's name running Microsoft? Isn't he the same guy that innovated their way out of the EU monopoly suit Zune-style?

G-d bless Microsoft!
  • Reply 38 of 88
    doroteadorotea Posts: 323member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In a not-so-subtle move, Microsoft says its retail stores will deliberately open near those run by Apple.

<Snide> Well I suppose MS wants to ensure that they get some traffic - if only out of curiosity </snide>

Sorry I couldn't resist.
  • Reply 39 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Sometimes it?s almost like MS is being run Richard Pryor in Brewster?s Millions.

LOL...except, Brewster was executing a plan that assured he would make more money at the end of the overt lunacy. No such assurances here; just lunacy.
  • Reply 40 of 88
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

Doesnt look like an apple store to me. My local apple store is 2 counters on each side with another counter in the middle of the back and shelves all around the outside. Looks nothing like that picture.

well they can't copy too much since they don't have in house training and techs. unless they are planning to try to copy that as well

frankly that photo, if it is a model of the likely store, looks more like a small Best Buy