Farewell to the King of Poop

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Emotional farewell and all:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8137700.stm

Now, who here has had enough of this sh1t and can't stand to hear about one more MJ-related news without his/her blood pressure doubling?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Now, who here has had enough of this sh1t and can't stand to hear about one more MJ-related news without his/her blood pressure doubling?

I was watching the live coverage from CNN.com with Facebook connect. It was great stuff technically and worked flawlessly over here in India. They had multiple live streams too. Chasing the fscking coffin by helicopter... I played around with the video and the chat for a while and closed my browser window afterwards. It was a shiny new toy to play with and good to hear comments from people all over the globe.

With regard to the media covering a memorial service and making it into a freaking circus show -- no comments. They have viewers watching it, hence the content. Blame the viewers and not the media companies.

For the record, I personally am fed up with the media and voted no for this poll. MJ's death is not NEWS anymore, it is HISTORY. (Couldn't resist that one!)

[RANT]

As a suggestion, if you are a celeb, make sure you mention in your will that you be cremated instead of being buried. 3rd fscking autopsy request? Burying that corpse without a brain because they want to cut it open for testing after it solidifies some more? Selling lottery tickets for people to attending his memorial service? Woo! Humanity has hit a new low.

[/RANT]
  • Reply 2 of 5
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

I was watching the live coverage from CNN.com with Facebook connect. It was great stuff technically and worked flawlessly over here in India. They had multiple live streams too. Chasing the fscking coffin by helicopter... I played around with the video and the chat for a while and closed my browser window afterwards. It was a shiny new toy to play with and good to hear comments from people all over the globe.

With regard to the media covering a memorial service and making it into a freaking circus show -- no comments. They have viewers watching it, hence the content. Blame the viewers and not the media companies.

For the record, I personally am fed up with the media and voted no for this poll. MJ's death is not NEWS anymore, it is HISTORY. (Couldn't resist that one!)

[RANT]

As a suggestion, if you are a celeb, make sure you mention in your will that you be cremated instead of being buried. 3rd fscking autopsy request? Burying that corpse without a brain because they want to cut it open for testing after it solidifies some more? Selling lottery tickets for people to attending his memorial service? Woo! Humanity has hit a new low.

[/RANT]

Farewell king of poop!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    intenseintense Posts: 106member
    Let it be Mj was definitely a very popular icon

youtube or tv or other tv channels ... HGTV and the discovery channel don't have much mj stuff on it
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    So a third of poll respondents wanted to see more MJ news? I hope people didn't understand the question, because with four 24/7 news channels saturation bombing the topic, how much more is necessary to turn people off? Do viewers understand that stuff happens in the world that's not about a dead performer?

Telling people to not watch it is all well and good, but I stay away from the "news" and even then, I still hear too much about it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Ugh. You called MJ a king of poop... oh no..