Offbeat: Paranoid lawsuit attempts to link Apple to Italian mafia

Comments

• Reply 21 of 96
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Let's stop an think.

1. Is any part of what he claims impossible? No.

2. Does the Italian mafia exist in the fashion described? Absolutely.

3. Would Apple conspire with criminal organizations if ordered to by the U.S. government or other powerful interests?

Of course.

Yet all of the kiddies in here will continue to believe that such a story is a fairytale, whereas, in reality, whether its true or not, its not unlikely or impossible.

Helloooooo! Anyone home? Have you seen project Natal yet, from Microsoft? Only the single most invasive device ever conceived for the home. Don't believe Apple has a device in the works that collects 5x as much biometric data? Don't believe Apple already collects staggering amounts of information on you from the use of your iPhones and iPods? You need to grow up.

Ah, but what makes this story implausible is the insertion of the word into the Mike Jones song.... that's a bit much, no?
  • Reply 22 of 96
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Let's stop an think.

1. Is any part of what he claims impossible?

Yes. The bit about bugging him with iPods. That's impossible. You could do it with an iPhone, but not the iPods that he claims it was done with.

Quote:

3. Would Apple conspire with criminal organizations if ordered to by the U.S. government or other powerful interests?

Man, maybe you need a mental health professional too. You are off-the-scale paranoid. I'm not joking.

Why would Apple and the US government spend all this time effort and money to bug this particular individual? And why oh why oh why would they insert the word "herpes" into a song?

I can't believe I'm even arguing about this. You cannot be serious.
  • Reply 23 of 96
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    He's got himself an open-and-shut case here.
  • Reply 24 of 96
    johnnykrzjohnnykrz Posts: 152member
    Quote:

...in reality, whether its true or not, its not unlikely or impossible.

@pmz: If I really stretch, I can see how his claims are possible. They are, however, quite unlikely. I'd say there is about a 0.1% chance that this is true. I hear the thing to do to stop these companies from spying on you for the mafia (or aliens) is to cover yourself in foil to block all of their signals.
  • Reply 25 of 96
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    Which stupid attorney prepared and file this suit for this deranged fool? Why should a company even spend a dime to defend itself against this kind of nonsense?

I just hope this asshole is made to pay for every dime it cost anyone from responding to this atrocious behavior. And after he had paid all, put his ass in a mental hospital for serious electrical-shock therapy for the rest of his miserable life.
  • Reply 26 of 96
    roos24roos24 Posts: 170member
    ...Only in America...
  • Reply 27 of 96
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:

STFU. The most ridiculous aspect here is there is nothing unrealistic about his lawsuit, and yet everyone immediately laughs and calls him mentally unstable. Wonderful.

Now nothing is allowed to be true thats too unusual. Great. Guess how many actual truths are going to pass you by due to that terrible attitude?

So......... you are his son or nephew?

Quote:

April Fools!

July Fools! and it's not even a full moon

I knew Tito would never get da guy to wear da damn Zanneti suits - It just made him look to gay!
  • Reply 28 of 96
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

I just hope this asshole is made to pay for every dime it cost anyone from responding to this atrocious behavior. And after he had paid all, put his ass in a mental hospital for serious electrical-shock therapy for the rest of his miserable life.

Wow. I hope you're joking. Let's just remember that if you ever become mentally ill, we should give you "electrical-shock therapy" for the rest of your "miserable life".
  • Reply 29 of 96
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Of course I'm serious. Wake the hell up.

I'm not saying the guys story is true, it probably is not, I'm say there is no reason to automatically believe its IMPOSSIBLE because there is NOTHING impossible about it.

You think it is probably not true???

Best laugh I had in this entire thread...
  • Reply 30 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

In other news, the Easter bunny has filed a class-action lawsuit against Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy for breaking and entering.

NOT TRUE!

The Easter bunny was too busy hiding his eggs so no-one would know he was screwing chickens.
  • Reply 31 of 96
    mebbertmebbert Posts: 56member
    Anyone here watch UFO Hunters? I do, because I can't wait to hear what Bill Birnes is going to say next. He takes such large logical leaps based on the "evidence" he has (or doesn't have) that it's comical.

I think there are a few people here like Bill...including the lawyer and his client.
  • Reply 32 of 96
    woodewoode Posts: 67member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

Do the Coen brothers read this site?

Coen brothers, or Sasha Cohen (aka Borat/Bruno?) Forced to be a fashion model, indeed.
  • Reply 33 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...McKenna claims he was threatened by the Italian mafia at a Missouri night club. The suit alleges that the mafia tried to force the accuser into becoming a New York City fashion model.

"We're going to kill you if you don't model for us in New York," the suit says McKenna was told.

"Media sources report that the modeling industry has an infamous "shadow Mafia" that forces models to work for pay after fraudulently putting them into excessive debt, coerces them into the illegal sex trade, and then disposes of them," the suit reads.

This is artful
  • Reply 34 of 96
    idleidle Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

Fortunately, we've progressed as a society to the point where there are actually much better ways of dealing with schizophrenia
  • Reply 35 of 96
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Let's stop an think.

1. Is any part of what he claims impossible? No.

Of course.

Yet all of the kiddies in here will continue to believe that such a story is a fairytale, whereas, in reality, whether its true or not, its not unlikely or impossible.

Helloooooo! Anyone home? Have you seen project Natal yet, from Microsoft? Only the single most invasive device ever conceived for the home. Don't believe Apple has a device in the works that collects 5x as much biometric data? Don't believe Apple already collects staggering amounts of information on you from the use of your iPhones and iPods? You need to grow up.

Oh man, you need to grow down. The man is clearly not well and I agree with the people who question how this lawsuit ever came to pass. Even if it were all possible (which it clearly isn't) the big question is WHY. Why would Apple and the Mafia do this? Of all the things these organizations could do in order to pursue their goals, why on earth would they create a special ipod Nano that could spy on and pass threats to an alleged fashion model?
  • Reply 36 of 96
    The lawsuit, apparently in full form:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/gre...tlpd-fbi-et-al
  • Reply 37 of 96
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Shouldn't make fun of people's mental illness.
  • Reply 38 of 96
    What a WASTE of everyone's time, money, tax dollars, etc...

This guy should be thrown out of court.

A lawsuit should be filed against HIM, on behalf of the American people.

We should sue him for wasting our time.

We should sue him for wasting our tax dollars.

Then, throw him in jail for 30 days.

This would prevent horse-shit lawsuits from popping up.

There are serious criminals and serious crimes that need to be prosecuted. Let's keep the court system and resources free for those.

What an asshole. You, my lawsuit crazy friend, have zero class.
  • Reply 39 of 96
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Oh man, you need to grow down. The man is clearly not well and I agree with the people who question how this lawsuit ever came to pass. Even if it were all possible (which it clearly isn't) the big question is WHY. Why would Apple and the Mafia do this? Of all the things these organizations could do in order to pursue their goals, why on earth would they create a special ipod Nano that could spy on and pass threats to an alleged fashion model?

I just figured it out... - He's been playing Mafia Wars on his Touch and can't seem to move up 'cause he keeps gettin the crap beat outta him.
  • Reply 40 of 96
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    In the words of the famous George Carlin...

Quote:

People are f*cking goofy...