Offbeat: Paranoid lawsuit attempts to link Apple to Italian mafia

Comments

• Reply 41 of 96
    Paranoid schizophrenia
  • Reply 42 of 96
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Of course I'm serious. Wake the hell up.

I'm not saying the guys story is true, it probably is not, I'm say there is no reason to automatically believe its IMPOSSIBLE because there is NOTHING impossible about it.

Perhaps the term should be highly improbable, as very few things are technically impossible if you have the resources nowadays. That fact, however, doesn't oftset the fact that it is very very very probable that all this never happened at all. His story suggests that he should have ample evidence, but he appears to present none at all. Where are the bugged ipods and computers? Where are the bugs from his car and his home? A copy of the song in question?

Lastly, why does he think he is worth the time, effort, and resources that would be required by the Italian mafia to do everything he described? Why would they do all that, just to force him to model?
  • Reply 43 of 96
    PMZ was planning a lawsuit against Apple similar to this and he didn't like to see it criticized here.

By the way, my dentist gave me stereo bluetooth molars and now the CIA listens to my every thought. Well, at least now I can pair to my iPhone with 3.0.
  • Reply 44 of 96
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

What a WASTE of everyone's time, money, tax dollars, etc...

This guy should be thrown out of court.

A lawsuit should be filed against HIM, on behalf of the American people.

We should sue him for wasting our time.

We should sue him for wasting our tax dollars.

Then, throw him in jail for 30 days.

This would prevent horse-shit lawsuits from popping up.

There are serious criminals and serious crimes that need to be prosecuted. Let's keep the court system and resources free for those.

What an asshole. You, my lawsuit crazy friend, have zero class.

No, you have zero class.

What the fuck is this? Have I stepped back in time to the dark ages? The guy is mentally ill. Maybe we should burn him at the stake? Would that make you happy?

Now, if you wanted to do to the lawyer the things listed in your quote, that's another matter
  • Reply 45 of 96
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I'm sorry, but the mentally ill cost the taxpayers enough money as it is. I agree with FormerARSgm to an extent. This should be thrown out immediately. There should be a SMALL investigation on how sick this guy really is. If he's found to be somewhat stable I say bring a lawsuit against him for wasting money and time. There is enough frivolous lawsuits as it is, we don't need to entertain more. I'm in strong belief there should be penalties against those who are found to have brought such cases to court. And to clear that up, I AM NOT saying any one who loses should be penalized. Just the ones that are though to be trying to get money for nothing. Yes I'm talking to you Marshall Texas.
  • Reply 46 of 96
    Think Different.
  • Reply 47 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

Think Different.

• Reply 48 of 96
    dualiedualie Posts: 334member
    Quote:

Let's stop an think.

1. Is any part of what he claims impossible? No.

2. Does the Italian mafia exist in the fashion described? Absolutely.

3. Would Apple conspire with criminal organizations if ordered to by the U.S. government or other powerful interests?

Of course.

Yet all of the kiddies in here will continue to believe that such a story is a fairytale, whereas, in reality, whether its true or not, its not unlikely or impossible.

Helloooooo! Anyone home? Have you seen project Natal yet, from Microsoft? Only the single most invasive device ever conceived for the home. Don't believe Apple has a device in the works that collects 5x as much biometric data? Don't believe Apple already collects staggering amounts of information on you from the use of your iPhones and iPods? You need to grow up.

Lets see your evidence. Don't have any? Of course you don't. It's far easier to claim something when you don't actually have to back it up with facts. Unfortunately, rational people rarely believe outlandish claims without proof. You saying so isn't proof of anything (except maybe delusion).
  • Reply 49 of 96
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    First of all there is no Mafia... If you don't believe me I can send my cousin Johnny Bagadonuts over to explain it real simple to ya... Oh and Greggy, The Bay Ridge Boys gave me a message to give to ya...

HERPES HERPES HERPES HERPES HERPES HERPES!

• Reply 50 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

In other news, the Easter bunny has filed a class-action lawsuit against Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy for breaking and entering.

HA HA HA HA!

Best post in this thread so far.
  • Reply 51 of 96
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:

STFU. The most ridiculous aspect here is there is nothing unrealistic about his lawsuit, and yet everyone immediately laughs and calls him mentally unstable. Wonderful.

Now nothing is allowed to be true thats too unusual. Great. Guess how many actual truths are going to pass you by due to that terrible attitude?

time to up your meds dude!
  • Reply 52 of 96
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Ha, ha, very funny--let's all pile on the guy. Get real: Apple is no saint. They did this VERY thing to me! It happens all the time.

If Microsoft did this, would the fanboys be defending them? I didn't think so.

• Reply 53 of 96
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

time to up your meds dude!

How'd you know about his meds Tofino? Or should I say, APPLE? BEEN LISTENING IN HAVE YOU?
  • Reply 54 of 96
    mystigomystigo Posts: 183member
    This is paranoid schizophrenia. He genuinely believes these things and he should not be punished he should be helped. I have dealt with many people in this condition. They absolutely cannot help themselves. It is a sad and debilitating disease.

However, the fact that he found a lawyer willing to persue these delusional claims is outrageous.
  • Reply 55 of 96
    jmadlenajmadlena Posts: 43member
    Reading about the claims of the lawsuit honestly made me picture Fox Mulder describing a rather unlikely, but nonetheless true, story about the paranormal. Man, the X-Files is a great show.

Maybe if David Duchovny was the plaintiff we'd all be listening to him!

I hope this man gets help if he honestly believes all of this has happened to him.
  • Reply 56 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystigo View Post

This is paranoid schizophrenia. He genuinely believes these things and he should not be punished he should be helped. I have dealt with many people in this condition. They absolutely cannot help themselves. It is a sad and debilitating disease.

However, the fact that he found a lawyer willing to persue these delusional claims is outrageous.

I can't believe anybody in this forum actually thinks a lawyer was involved in this. I know lawyers have a bad reputation, but c'mon people! Common sense should tell you no lawyer would waste his time filing something, like this. If not, if you bothered to read the lawsuit that somebody posted the link to, you'd see it was filed in pro per (or whatever it's called in Missouri). That means the guy did it himself. This is a mentally sick individual whose right to file lawsuits is protected under the law, and he's exercised his rights. I work for a company that's had one or two of this type of thing filed against it, and it's a pain, but it just has to be dealt with. Courts have to follow the rules, and then dismiss this sort of thing because they're so outlandish and there's no evidence. It's just part of the price of living in a free country.
  • Reply 57 of 96
    trajectorytrajectory Posts: 647member
    I found a photo of him during Fashion Week in NYC:

• Reply 58 of 96
    magic_almagic_al Posts: 325member
    Some of those claims are crazy. OJ Simpson as a killer? (Actually, as an actor in the 1980s he was rejected for the killer robot part in The Terminator.)
  • Reply 59 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

No, you have zero class.

What the fuck is this? Have I stepped back in time to the dark ages? The guy is mentally ill. Maybe we should burn him at the stake? Would that make you happy?

Now, if you wanted to do to the lawyer the things listed in your quote, that's another matter

Recognizing that you are from the UK, maybe you don't have the same issues we deal with in the US. These constant firvolous lawsuits are boggin down our legal system and preventing real crimes from reaching trial.

I agree with your implying that the attourney representing this guy should be help acountable as well.

Finally, while I agree that this guy might be mentally ill, we really don't know. He might in fact be perfectly sain and able to fabricate these scenarios to support his lawsuit in hopes Apple will pay him to go away. But, even if this is mental illness, that doesn't give him carte-blanche <sp?> to run amuck in society without reprocussion. And no, burning at the stake would be way too severe. :0)
  • Reply 60 of 96
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

Recognizing that you are from the UK, maybe you don't have the same issues we deal with in the US. These constant firvolous lawsuits are boggin down our legal system and preventing real crimes from reaching trial.

I agree with your implying that the attourney representing this guy should be help acountable as well.

Finally, while I agree that this guy might be mentally ill, we really don't know. He might in fact be perfectly sain and able to fabricate these scenarios to support his lawsuit in hopes Apple will pay him to go away. But, even if this is mental illness, that doesn't give him carte-blanche <sp?> to run amuck in society without reprocussion. And no, burning at the stake would be way too severe. :0)

You missed my point. Yes, obviously the suit is entirely frivolous. I guess I also should have said probably mentally ill; it's possible he's entirely sane but given he's filed a deeply paranoid 124 page suit himself, all the signs point to him being genuinely ill.

My point is, mentally ill people should be treated and cared for, not punished.