Palm releases Mojo SDK for Pre/WebOS development

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

I bolded and colored it red to highlight his point to clarify what he stated, in response to your original statement.

I'm not sure you read my entire post? The bit where I said "Kind of six of one?"

Quote:

Then you cite the UI for the Newton [Apple IP] to aide your original position. How does that improve your position?

Actually, what I did cite initially was a direct comparison between the Palm Application Launcher of yore and the current iPhone Springboard. Someone else completely randomly brought up the Newton (you missed that as well?) - I posted a link to suggest that nothing about the Newton UI was directly comparable in context. I think you've missed big chunks of what was written. It can't be explained any other way?
  • Reply 22 of 22
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djsherly View Post

Actually, what I did cite initially was a direct comparison between the Palm Application Launcher of yore and the current iPhone Springboard. Someone else completely randomly brought up the Newton (you missed that as well?) - I posted a link to suggest that nothing about the Newton UI was directly comparable in context. I think you've missed big chunks of what was written. It can't be explained any other way?

Here's the Newton OS All Icons screen, ca. 1993:

And here's your original claim:

Quote:

The more I look at the the iPhone's UI for instance, the more I see the influences of the Palm Pilot. Go back 12 years and you'll see the same grid arrangement of application icons. The four fixed icons that make up the bottom row clearly perform the same quick access function that the hard buttons on the Palm Pilot did all those years ago.

It looks like we can actually go back 16 years and "see the same grid arrangement of applications", including a number of "fixed icons that make up the bottom row". On an Apple product.