Does the iphone internet works exactly like the one on the computer?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm planning to buy an iPhone. But before i do that i need to find out if the iphone can view every website just like the one on the computer. Does Safari support all websites including JAVA and flash players. Can i view Youtube and pics and other videos on the Iphone using the interent website? One last thing how long does it take for a page to load?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Javascript Yes

Flash No

Youtube and other sites that use direct links to H264 files Yes

Pag eload times are dependent on a number of things, how fast is your connection (Edge, 3G or wifi), how fast is the site at serving webpages, how many people are accessing the site at once.

Of course not being bogged down by proprietary Flash makes it faster.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mperreal View Post

I'm planning to buy an iPhone. But before i do that i need to find out if the iphone can view every website just like the one on the computer. Does Safari support all websites including JAVA and flash players. Can i view Youtube and pics and other videos on the Iphone using the interent website? One last thing how long does it take for a page to load?

• Reply 2 of 3
    I found this answer in other board and hope to useful us.

iPhone can view most websites. It is probably the best mobile internet device out there simply because you can view the whole webpage and not a "watered down" version. Safari does not support JAVA and flash yet, but it is expected within the next few months. Nothing sure, yet. You cannot view YouTube's website's videos, but you can use the YouTube application on iPhone to view most videos out there on YouTube. Quicktime is basically the only file format that is able to be viewed on the iPhone. Using AT&T EDGE, loading a page takes a few seconds to minutes to load, depending on the site. Using Wi-Fi is very fast depending on your access point. Although the iPhone lacks flash and JAVA, it is still 100% worth it!

and thank to hill60 for answer
  • Reply 3 of 3
    xplicsxplics Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mperreal View Post

I found this answer in other board and hope to useful us.

iPhone can view most websites. It is probably the best mobile internet device out there simply because you can view the whole webpage and not a "watered down" version. Safari does not support JAVA and flash yet, but it is expected within the next few months. Nothing sure, yet. You cannot view YouTube's website's videos, but you can use the YouTube application on iPhone to view most videos out there on YouTube. Quicktime is basically the only file format that is able to be viewed on the iPhone. Using AT&T EDGE, loading a page takes a few seconds to minutes to load, depending on the site. Using Wi-Fi is very fast depending on your access point. Although the iPhone lacks flash and JAVA, it is still 100% worth it!

and thank to hill60 for answer

You put it very well mperreal the IPhone online is excellent best yet after using or trying a lot of smart phones the IPhone is easily best. Now if support JAVA and flash are coming like you say in the next few months that will be incredible. I have my fingers crossed.