Apple profits rise 15% on sales of 2.6M Macs, 5.2M iPhones

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Hehe, I'm with you there. Not a bad PS job. Not mine, though.

Depends whether one would rather see his tongue or the Zune. Seems like two sides of the same coin, really.

You mean the Zune is furry? Yuk.

Got to say it again in this thread -- Andy Zaky, you da man!
  • Reply 22 of 50
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Mel you'll always be our number one . i will look here for YOUR take on the APPLE report .

THE MEL REPORT WE WILL CALL IT .

Some soothing santana should help with a goblet of ruffino red wine and some frozen grapes.

Gosh!
  • Reply 23 of 50
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

what's a zune?

(sorry guys. i'll work on my self control issues...)

What is a zune . ummagumma

A zune is inserted into an official branded trademarked patented zune accessory.
  • Reply 24 of 50
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Macs are too expensive. Their share is going down. Come on! All together now.
  • Reply 25 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Gosh!

So

off ya butt and give us your take on apple report card !!!!

i mean the real inside story !! !like will the MB plastic survive and will the ipod classic return to 160 g. And did the ipodtouch rob its younger bros of sales ???
  • Reply 26 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

sung to the tune of>>> we all live in a yellow submarine >>
  • Reply 27 of 50
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

Anyone care to whip up a table comparing analyst expectations with actual results, just to see how far off they were?

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune....ples-earnings/
  • Reply 28 of 50
    Quote:

So

off ya butt and give us your take on apple report card !!!!

i mean the real inside story !! !like will the MB plastic survive and will the ipod classic return to 160 g. And did the ipodtouch rob its younger bros of sales ???

Ah Bruce, I can't help but love ya.

Even though no one else will care;

Just finished listening to the call. Very interesting stuff there amid the "we can't tell you...'

18 of the last 19 quarters they beat the markets. Pretty good.

I predict that a plastic Macbook will survive at least until sometime in next year.

I doubt the Classic will move back to 160 GB. I don't think they're selling very well now.

According to Apple, while "traditional" mp3 player sales will continue to retreat, the sales of the iPhone/Touch are what's depleting their sales, which is good. iTouch sales are up 100% from last year, and are expected to continue to grow strongly.

If the rumors that Apple is already producing iPod Touches with cameras and microphones are true, sales should rocket, and, MY take, possibly slow the growth of iPhones.
  • Reply 29 of 50
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

Hehe . . .

They should just shut it down and give the money ba . . . oh wait.

• Reply 30 of 50
    Quote:

Just finished listening to the call. Very interesting stuff there amid the "we can't tell you...'

I predict that a plastic Macbook will survive at least until sometime in next year.

I doubt the Classic will move back to 160 GB. I don't think they're selling very well now.

According to Apple, while "traditional" mp3 player sales will continue to retreat, the sales of the iPhone/Touch are what's depleting their sales, which is good. iTouch sales are up 100% from last year, and are expected to continue to grow strongly.

If the rumors that Apple is already producing iPod Touches with cameras and microphones are true, sales should rocket, and, MY take, possibly slow the growth of iPhones.

18 of the last 19 quarters? Talk about looking at the big picture. Even more impressive.
  • Reply 31 of 50
    Quote:

Hey mel i meant a full NYT 8 page report

But this was fine

Thank you

So the ipod touch is easing out the ipod family or will they all get a refresh of camera's and wifi's and gps s and all that groovy iphoneeus stuff ??

I means to says thats the tops cats are alls ins agreements that the 120 classic should have at least a full screen for movie playback and whatever else deemed fit Keep the front the same. Just add a screen on the back

peace

• Reply 32 of 50
    Quote:

sung to the tune of>>> we all live in a yellow submarine >>

• Reply 33 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Hehe . . .

They should just shut it down and give the money ba . . . oh wait.

I remember the day Michael said that comment. We all laughed our asses off in Cupertino and 900 Chesapeake Drive, Redwood City CA.

I just google map'd the old office and they filled in the grass where we actually played volleyball during breaks for nothing but a slab and a middle display which is absolutely worthless.

Typical military contractor:

http://www.governmentcontractswon.co...6464.asp?yr=07

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chesap...image&resnum=1
  • Reply 34 of 50
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Has she changed her "Sell AAPL @ $80" recommendation yet?
  • Reply 35 of 50
    dreamrajdreamraj Posts: 83member
    AAPL closed at $158.40 after-hours, almost $7 up. Should shine tomorrow with a lot of upgrades.
  • Reply 36 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Don't they always say that? It's like a standard tease for them. They're always working on something fantastic and special, be it a generational design update or just a speed bump.
  • Reply 37 of 50
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreamraj View Post

AAPL closed at $158.40 after-hours, almost $7 up. Should shine tomorrow with a lot of upgrades.

Or it'll slip because the doomsayers will be sobbing, "This can't last - Mac sales are sure to fetch up on the rocks in the fourth quarter, iPods are doomed, Apple hasn't introduced anything new in at least 32 days - blah, blah, blah ..."

Regardless of how good the results, remember that a lot of traders still worship the adage - "Buy on the expectations - sell on the news."
  • Reply 38 of 50
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    Decline in iPod is due to people shifting to iPhone and iPod Touch. This decline will continue for many quarters to come.

Macbooks and Macbook Pros are the key to Mac growth. And that increase will also continue upwards. And if Apple will introduce a lower-priced Mac Pro, mac sales will be even better.

iPhone is the key to Apple growth. Most new mac converts are switching because of their experience with iPhone. This dynamics can only be upwards.

And the best is yet to come! Buy Apple shares if you have any money to invest.
  • Reply 39 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Don't they always say that? It's like a standard tease for them. They're always working on something fantastic and special, be it a generational design update or just a speed bump.

It's always; "Due to competitive reasons...".

They won't even break out sales of the Touch from all iPod sales.
  • Reply 40 of 50
    Quote:

I remember the day Michael said that comment. We all laughed our asses off in Cupertino and 900 Chesapeake Drive, Redwood City CA.

I just google map'd the old office and they filled in the grass where we actually played volleyball during breaks for nothing but a slab and a middle display which is absolutely worthless.

Typical military contractor:

http://www.governmentcontractswon.co...6464.asp?yr=07

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chesap...image&resnum=1

Interesting how Michael Dell made the comment when Steve Jobs had already returned, with the NeXT crew, I believe. That comment was made as much out of fear as it was out of hubris.