Apple profits rise 15% on sales of 2.6M Macs, 5.2M iPhones

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Interesting how Michael Dell made the comment when Steve Jobs had already returned, with the NeXT crew, I believe. That comment was made as much out of fear as it was out of hubris.

I don't know about fear, though maybe it was an unprofessional call to make, might as well use wrestling theatrics. I recall Apple was floundering for quite some time at the time. NeXT had proven they can make a good computer and good software, but they hadn't proven they could sell a lot of computers.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    lol the comments at engadget on this are funny. I don't understand why anyone gets so personally involved in stuff like this.

Good for Apple, woohoo, yay, ok, really who cares beyond that. If they posted losses, it would be oh well, better luck next quarter. Not "haha apple sucks!" or something.

It's just a company.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

lol the comments at engadget on this are funny. I don't understand why anyone gets so personally involved in stuff like this.

Good for Apple, woohoo, yay, ok, really who cares beyond that. If they posted losses, it would be oh well, better luck next quarter. Not "haha apple sucks!" or something.

It's just a company.

And this is just an Apple fan site.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Quote:

And this is just an Apple fan site.

What's your point? You think I'm mocking you guys in some way?

I was talking about the bashing going on at engadget.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

That this is an apple fan site .
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

That this is an apple fan site .

Well it's nice to see that he read the last sentence of my post and ignored my point.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:

There's just as much, if not more, here.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:

There's just as much, if not more, here.

no, trust me, there isn't.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    Quote:

no, trust me, there isn't.

It's worse (not that there isn't an element of fun in it)? But really, is it worse? I didn't think that was possible.

I mean, I'm a regular on MDN. Half the people there are just having fun - and the "MDN take" itself is often a very good work of wordsmithing. It might seem serious, but it's laced with humour.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

It's worse (not that there isn't an element of fun in it)? But really, is it worse? I didn't think that was possible.

I mean, I'm a regular on MDN. Half the people there are just having fun - and the "MDN take" itself is often a very good work of wordsmithing. It might seem serious, but it's laced with humour.

I've been at MDM for quite some time. I'm not so sure the "MDN Take" is at all meant in humor. If so, it certainly is written poorly for that purpose. It seems as though it's written by a teenager (with apologies to any teenagers here who are more mature than that).

There is some heartfelt vitriol there. Worse than most of what we get here. One major difference is that we usually get far more posts on a subject than they do, and much more of a conversation. So they often have a much higher percentage of poorly thought out comments that we get here, with many of them from people who are venting their fanboy feelings. Comments are also much shorter on average.

The way the "forum" is set up makes it very difficult to have a running conversation. Most posts are therefor just flyby's.