Numerous 3rd party case photos suggest iPod cameras coming

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    Don't believe any of them. ITI all rumors.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Got my first iPhone this summer (3GS) and like it a lot, the video works great. My only video complaint is that there is no stabilization, taking video while walking or riding in a car is jumpy. Could use my Pentax with stabilization, but don't always have it on me. Adding cam/video to the touch and Nano would definitely be a big selling point for people who only want to carry one device and being able to take photos & video on the go, because people don't always have their real digital cam around. They also should add a flash, the iPhone takes good photos & video in well lit or day-time outdoors, but in low-light, a flash is needed.

For the casual user as most are, imagine having an iPod with photo & video capture, games, apps, music, video/movie watching, real internet, youtube, stocks, weather, connected / interactive calendar, gps / maps, email, wifi, and more... I don't know of any company having a device that would come close!

Huzzah.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

If it is true they are adding the camera, good for them. I could care less. The iPhone camera is crap for quality. I'd still take my point and shoot on trips, regardless of the fact that i have the camera on my iPhone. If Apple would put a 8-10 megapixel camera on them, and include a decent lens, it would be a start. ... but it'll never replace my Nikon PaS.

Why you sound so angry??!! My goodness, calm down.

I have the 3GS and it could definitely use stabilization (and flash would be nice), but I think it takes pretty good photos - in daytime or well-lit areas. But even in dim areas the photos are passable. Nothing you'd want to print high-res for a magazine, but all the photos are good enough for web viewing or printing to put in a photo album/book. I have a 10mp Pentax dig cam that works great, but this summer before my vacation I lost the battery and didn't have time to buy another. So, used my iPhone cam for photos and video and outside of the lack of stabilization, the video looks great and the photos are nice and clear. The autofocus works great when used correctly. So, outside of the 2 points I mentioned I really don't understand your groaning.

Don't think Apple is trying to compete with high-end or even mid-high end dig cameras, the iPhone 3GS cam is for the point-and-shoot crowd which it is good enough for. An 8 or 10mp cam would be overkill at this stage, no other device out there has 10mp in this market. They could go 5mp, but that's about it, at least for another 3-4 years.

If your photos look like said, "crap," I would chalk it up to user-error, 'cuz my photos are clear, in focus, balanced, and look just fine! And if you're on a 3G with the 2mp cam, yeah, your photos may not be great, then upgrade to a 3GS. That's why smart people like me waited an extra year.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

Got my first iPhone this summer (3GS) and like it a lot, the video works great. My only video complaint is that there is no stabilization, taking video while walking or riding in a car is jumpy. Could use my Pentax with stabilization, but don't always have it on me. Adding cam/video to the touch and Nano would definitely be a big selling point for people who only want to carry one device and being able to take photos & video on the go, because people don't always have their real digital cam around. They also should add a flash, the iPhone takes good photos & video in well lit or day-time outdoors, but in low-light, a flash is needed.

Huzzah.

Stabilization? Does any camera phone have that?

Flash would be cool but I prefer a zoom over that.

Does anyboy like any of the digital zoom Apps? Curious.

It would be interesting to me if Apple adds a even better camera on the Touch and really go after the camera market.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    hngfrhngfr Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

I know people are going to discuss the camera placement on the nano again as it would apparently be right where everyone would put their fingers. However, I've been looking at it and I don't think it woud actually be in the way if you are right handed. When holding the nano in portrait mode, your fingers would cover, but not touch the lens as your fingertips will hit the back left side of the device and the camera is on the back right. When taking a picture, most likely in landscape, your fingers would be below the lens. Now if you are left handed, that lens is definitely in an awkward place, however I can't think of anywhere else it could go if it can't fit behind the screen.

what if you hold the nano upside down when you want to shot portrait mode?

the screen would flip like it does when help in landscape mode,

this would allow you to hold the bottom part of the nano and thumb the click wheel on top on the ipod, and the camera would also be on the top ,

only restriction might be thumb would cover some of the screen,
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Stabilization? Does any camera phone have that?

Flash would be cool but I prefer a zoom over that.

It would be interesting to me if Apple adds a even better camera on the Touch and really go after the camera market.

I still think a flash would be great, but I agree a zoom lens would also be great. I am on vacation and lost the battery for my Pentax and can't find a store that sells 'em, now forced to use my iPhone for all photos & video and a few times I did want to zoom in. Would be wise of Apple to put at least 5mp in the touch and allow taking HD video to truly compete with the Cisco Flip. Do that and the Flip sales would plunge.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Megapixels count for nothing when the camera is a tiny sensor behind a plastic lens.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Now the emo/scene kids can take a picture of themselves right before the ipod battery explodes or catches fire... Why is it everything Apple makes is expensive junk? They should try innovating like Microsoft does, instead the just keep releasing the same crap over and over and give it a new name...