If you purchase Offender Locator

pmzpmz
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
You belong in jail.

For purchasing free citizens' information with the possible intent to harm. (who is to say otherwise?)

The fact that you have this app makes you a suspect should something happen to one of these FREE individuals. Think about that for a minute. Had you bought a dossier from from some gangbanger on the street (instead of an iPhone app), it would contain the same info, and you'd be just as much a suspect.

They are not criminals living among you. We have a place for criminals called prison. When you are no longer required to remain there, you become FREE again.

Aside form the fact that there is something definitively wrong with you for wanting this information (same as: thinking-you-need-it), you are literally putting yourself at legal risk by purchasing this app.

For those who are so far gone that you can't resist, no I'm not a registered offender, just someone who cares about FREE people's rights (that would be, ALL OF YOU) and see how easily they are taken away with the help of the (idiotic) mob mentality. Great work, again.

Take care.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Sorry...i have no sympathy for these people.

Raping women or molesting children would bring the death penalty in my perfect world.

But I guess I'll just have to settle for knowing where they live so we can avoid their houses.

As far as paying for the app...you can get the information for free on the internet, so I don't think I'd pay for this on my iPhone...

But, their names, faces and addresses NEED to be available.

If they have a problem with that, I guess they should think twice before committing the crimes.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

You belong in jail.

For purchasing free citizens' information with the possible intent to harm. (who is to say otherwise?)

The fact that you have this app makes you a suspect should something happen to one of these FREE individuals. Think about that for a minute. Had you bought a dossier from from some gangbanger on the street (instead of an iPhone app), it would contain the same info, and you'd be just as much a suspect.

They are not criminals living among you. We have a place for criminals called prison. When you are no longer required to remain there, you become FREE again.

Aside form the fact that there is something definitively wrong with you for wanting this information (same as: thinking-you-need-it), you are literally putting yourself at legal risk by purchasing this app.

For those who are so far gone that you can't resist, no I'm not a registered offender, just someone who cares about FREE people's rights (that would be, ALL OF YOU) and see how easily they are taken away with the help of the (idiotic) mob mentality. Great work, again.

Take care.

Your anger and frustration are directed at the wrong source. The law makers you voted into office have categorized this information as Public Information. Bring it up with them and not people, companies, or apps that allow access to it.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Police records are compiled with taxpayers funds, the info should be freely available.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Police records are compiled with taxpayers funds, the info should be freely available.

It is NOT supposed to be packaged and sold to people with BUILT-IN tools and plenty of motive/suggestion included to go "do something" about the number of red blips on your map.

How long before Obama releases an app to show you where all the "stupid Republicans" or "crazy Independents" are?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

You belong in jail.

The fact that you have this app makes you a suspect should something happen to one of these FREE individuals....etc etc

What's up your bum???

Or are you mad because someone might find YOU using this app.

So are you an OFFENDER then? I bet you are...

These people are bad people, to protect your family and yourself, people should have the right to know where these "rapests" are.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbradley67 View Post

Sorry...i have no sympathy for these people.

Raping women or molesting children would bring the death penalty in my perfect world.

But I guess I'll just have to settle for knowing where they live so we can avoid their houses.

As far as paying for the app...you can get the information for free on the internet, so I don't think I'd pay for this on my iPhone...

But, their names, faces and addresses NEED to be available.

If they have a problem with that, I guess they should think twice before committing the crimes.

+!. However I think this is quite unnecessary. We all have better things to do in life.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Society is still not protected from these predators they can

visit a family member in another state and stalk your children

which has happened.

Knowing where they "filed" isn't always where they ARE

THEY SHOULD HAVE SOME PERPS WITH GPS ANKLETS

we also need more info on what their crime was

if I was renting buying or having my child play in a neighborhood

with one of these then I can quickly check
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

Society is still not protected from these predators they can

visit a family member in another state and stalk your children

which has happened.

Knowing where they "filed" isn't always where they ARE

THEY SHOULD HAVE SOME PERPS WITH GPS ANKLETS

we also need more info on what their crime was

if I was renting buying or having my child play in a neighborhood

with one of these then I can quickly check

Yup. Gotta agree with you on this. It's the cold hard truth.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    The only thing I'll say is that the idea of possession of information signals intent to commit a crime is generally wrong. Librarians would be the biggest criminals ever. As it is, the threat of mob violence or vigilante "justice" because of offender sites hasn't panned out like some groups had feared, I doubt an app is going to make it any worse. Some things do happen, but it's not common and you become a criminal by doing it. And that's about where I want it to be, the idea of precrime is stupid.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I'm tempted to get mixed up in this, but political themes are generally inappropriate for this subforum.

The only thing I'll say is that the idea of possession of information signals intent to commit a crime is generally wrong. Librarians would be the biggest criminals ever.

Very true although I 'lol'ed at first. This thread is getting off topic. Can you lock it?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

Very true although I 'lol'ed at first. This thread is getting off topic. Can you lock it?

Probably a good idea. Politics is best for Political Outsider.