Steve Jobs asked to keynote CES 2010 in January [Updated]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Apple attended CES in January 1986 & 1987. They had a big booth there both years. I know because I was there. So the line about never attending before is inaccurate.
  • Reply 22 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grlym View Post

looks like Jonathan Ive

Yeah.... Thats him... The "Unibody" guy...
  • Reply 23 of 78
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

I was thinking the same! I'm surprised no one else caught that!

I assumed everyone caught it though I was surprised it wasn't mentioned in the original article.
  • Reply 24 of 78
    ajitmdajitmd Posts: 365member
    He is looking good for somebody who underwent a liver transplant and getting all the immune suppressant drugs. The whole metabolism is affected and hopefully he is under the care of an endocrinologist and dietician... getting the right supplements. It would help in a steady recovery. He is probably going to work because he likes what he does.

I just know from my line of work that there is nothing sure in life, and it is important to enjoy every day.
  • Reply 25 of 78
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    So, the TABLET will be here BEFORE Christmas!!!
  • Reply 26 of 78
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

Leave the man alone. TMZ is a trashy outfit. I care not for their stalking.

agreed
  • Reply 27 of 78
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacWhore View Post

How can you make this assumption?

Which one? That they won't having anything new besides a tablet or that SL will be out around September?

The first one is that Apple are an electronics manufacturer and so they will make something in that category. They don't make devices that cannibalize other products they have so anything new will be a market they don't yet cover and this would be the netbook market where only a touch tablet would offer something worthwhile. When I say new, I don't mean refresh btw, they could refresh some of their existing products but a spec bump is not keynote-worthy.

The second thing about SL comes from Apple - their projected shipping date is around September/October.
  • Reply 28 of 78
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
  • Reply 29 of 78
    pmoeserpmoeser Posts: 80member
    Maybe AppleTV will get upgraded to stream to the tablet?

That's a consumer product...

And yes that is Jon Ive.

I'm surprised they are allowed to cross the same street together!!!
  • Reply 30 of 78
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Yes, he doesn't look too bad all things considered. If those paparazzi were after some kind of shock value they were foiled.
  • Reply 31 of 78
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    this may seem like fanboy praise, but for all his a-holeness, I think he's done more for technology advancement than anyone. I wish he'd (visibly, as he does anonymously), do more for mankind like Gates does with his foundation. If you think SJ is sitting on his billions, you're nuts, he does his work quietly. If we only knew what he really does....

I think we are very lucky to live during the time of 2 great men such as SJ and Gates.

I wish him a fast recovery and back to his former kick ass self. yes, geeks need to be put in line so they produce greatness.

imho, out.
  • Reply 32 of 78
    tuttut Posts: 4member
    According to Engadget this rumor is false.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/30/w...-reality-nope/
  • Reply 33 of 78
    hiimamachiimamac Posts: 584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amac4me View Post

Agreed, here's hoping to a rapid return to good health.

Amen bro, Amen. In fact, I wish everyone, ourselves included, perfect health. It's something my wife, myself and kitties take/pray seriously, big time. You can have billions of dollars but no health and would rather have the health, love, peace and Joy.

Took me a long time to realize this. For anyone under 20, trust me when I say, take it slow, relax, enjoy life, you don't need that new toy to feel loved or have self worth, your youth is worth a lot more than anything money can buy and your "time" and interactions, kindness, chillin and not worrying about silly things, while guarding your heart and more importantly, others hearts, is priceless.

Try it a few times. Guard someone eles heart, see some mocking, or defending someone outside of your social circle feels great, pays rich dividends and cost you nothing.

Just my thoughts on the day.
  • Reply 34 of 78
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tut View Post

I think the Wall Street Journal is a bit more reliable than Engadget. WSJ have had a number of Apple scoops if I recall.
  • Reply 35 of 78
    gsteenogsteeno Posts: 56member
    For crying out loud, Shapiro, he's still recovering from a liver transplant! Hell, did you ask him as he was coming out of the ICU?! Let him heal before asking him to do something taxing like presenting to the masses for an hour or so.
  • Reply 36 of 78
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I going to call it now; he won't do it.
  • Reply 37 of 78
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tut View Post

Ryan Block? Pish..
  • Reply 38 of 78
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    If Apple goes to CES, they're stealing the show. Count on it.

When Apple sneezes, the industry runs to grab kleenex.
  • Reply 39 of 78
    steviet02steviet02 Posts: 594member
    he looks no different than he did a year or so ago at the MW. It's wishful thinking on anyones part who sees him having more weight than before.
  • Reply 40 of 78
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    This looks like a photo of opportunity to me. He wasn't being 'stalked' by TMZ. I mean... it was shot on a cellphone! Paparazzi don't use cell phones. He still looks awfully thin though. Can't be much over 120 pounds.