Report: Netflix streaming video headed to iPhone, Wii

Comments

• Reply 21 of 89
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    iPhone web apps are completely forgotten. If Netflix create a web app with live streaming then Apple and AT&T can do nothing about it.
  • Reply 22 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

iPhone web apps are completely forgotten. If Netflix create a web app with live streaming then Apple and AT&T can do nothing about it.

ROFLMAO

It still requires Safari codec to play the Video (or an iPhone Codec). NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

YOU ARE IN A CLOSED WORLD.
  • Reply 23 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPhone1982 View Post

Given Apple & AT&T's reluctance to allow Slingbox (Streaming Video) I don't see this ever happening.

Spoken like a Windows troll.

Since it's only on WIFI, it has NOTHING to do with AT&T.

Also, have you bothered to see that Netflix is also available to us Mac users?

This is a precursor to the Apple tablet; in a few months the tablet will finally arrive, users will be watching video on it, and once again Microsloth will be wondering why their stock prices continue to drop, while Apple's continue to climb and marketshare increases.

By the way, your not buying another iPhone won't really be a problem, considering millions of others will do so gladly.
  • Reply 24 of 89
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

ROFLMAO

It still requires Safari codec to play the Video (or an iPhone Codec). NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

YOU ARE IN A CLOSED WORLD.

The iPhone have native support for H.264 video format. No need for a decode. Right now you can watch videos inside webpages using your iPhone with Safari. If you have an iPhone you would know that already.
  • Reply 25 of 89
    Quote:

Can anyone say Motorola RAZR?

Can anyone say, "Nobody cares?" Looked at Motorola's cell phone marketshare lately?
  • Reply 26 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by longterm View Post

Spoken like a Windows troll.

Since it's only on WIFI, it has NOTHING to do with AT&T.

Also, have you bothered to see that Netflix is also available to us Mac users?

This is a precursor to the Apple tablet; in a few months the tablet will finally arrive, users will be watching video on it, and once again Microsloth will be wondering why their stock prices continue to drop, while Apple's continue to climb and marketshare increases.

By the way, your not buying another iPhone won't really be a problem, considering millions of others will do so gladly.

Not a troll for the iPhone (just for the Mac computer) and you are correct, Netflix & Flash are available on the Mac. BUT WILL NEVER BE AVAILABLE ON THE IPHONE and if they are they will be WiFi only (unlike the Blackberry and WinMo).

Buy the way, Flash has always sucked on the Mac.
  • Reply 27 of 89
    str1f3str1f3 Posts: 573member
    Quote:

HTC is about to release a phone witch full Adobe Flash on it. It does Multi-Tasking and you can watch HULU on it as well as anything in Windows Media Format.

WinMo (6.5) will be known as Windows Phone and as for now Windows 7 will also be Windows Phone.

End licensers can pick and choose what they want their phone to do. Kind of sounds like Google but not Free.

Google Donut will be multi touch as well as have full Flash compatibily.

Can anyone say Motorola RAZR?

I know there are people who would like Flash on the iPhone but it runs like crap on a cellphone (and a Mac). If you don't believe me read Engadget's review of the HTC Hero. They have a video of it running Flash and looks like he watching a flipbook. He even called it unbearable.
  • Reply 28 of 89
    Quote:

Given Apple & AT&T's reluctance to allow Slingbox (Streaming Video) I don't see this ever happening.

Apple wants you to use iTunes and nothing else for revenue reasons (even as lousy as there HD is). You are in a closed Apple World. That is why my next phone will not be an iPhone.

Edit. Not to mention the fact that Netflix uses Windows DRM. Yeah, like Jobs would allow that on the iPhone.

It would be like saying... Nobody is really using iTunes so we will use Microsoft's DRM on the iPhone.

That is why we don't have Flash on the iPhone.

No Revenue to Apple means you are being kept in a closed Apple confined world.

Funny. I just got through watching my TV through the Slingbox app on my iphone. Apple pushed the Slingbox software through with wifi only support because of AT&T. The slingbox app will work at the free AT&T hotspots though.

[edit] maybe you should reword your post to say AT&T's reluctance to allow streaming over the 3G network...because streaming over wifi is still considered streaming.
  • Reply 29 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by baduncan View Post

Funny. I just got through watching my TV through Slingbox on my iphone. Apple pushed the Slingbox software throughwith wifi only support because of AT&T. The slingbox app will work at the free AT&T hotspots though.

[edit] maybe you should reword your post to say AT&T's reluctance to allow streaming over the 3G network...because streaming over wifi is still considered streaming.

Read my last post and as every other analyst has said "They are in a Partnership".

It's not AT&T or Apple. They both agree to the terms of the contract.

Yes, terms can be renegotiated (Especially with the 3GD) but Apple either choose not to or if fine with the terms.

You are in a closed World because Apple & AT&T want it that way.

Which leaves iPhone users screwed to a Close Loop AT&T World. And if the Tablet does ever come out with Verizon it will be the same thing.

Pay 699.00 + and be tied into another contract. Yes, Apple really does care about its end users.

They care about their money.
  • Reply 30 of 89
    HAHA iPhone1984 is so off is rocker and hasn’t once had a correct or valid argument this entire thread. But I do admire his perseverance in the face of facts and logic. I wish I could be that ignorantly bliss, sans the irrational hatred for a company’s product.
  • Reply 31 of 89
    str1f3str1f3 Posts: 573member
    Quote:

Read my last post and as every other analyst has said "They are in a Partnership".

It's not AT&T or Apple. They both agree to the terms of the contract.

Yes, terms can be renegotiated (Especially with the 3GD) but Apple either choose not to or if fine with the terms.

You are in a closed World because Apple & AT&T want it that way.

Which leaves iPhone users screwed to a Close Loop AT&T World. And if the Tablet does ever come out with Verizon it will be the same thing.

Pay 699.00 + and be tied into another contract. Yes, Apple really does care about its end users.

They care about their money.

I agree that Apple has recently starting to become real greedy at the expense of their end user. The only real answer for the iPhone is to be available on multiple carriers. The exclusivity deals have to come to an end. Hopefully the FCC can help facilitate it.

The tablet though may be a different story. It may be exclusive but it will be running on Verizon's 4G network. Hopefully there should be enough bandwidth for streaming apps over their network. That being said I'll never buy one. I've had it with carriers having a say in what is on my phone.
  • Reply 32 of 89
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Yes I did read the Video and unless (currently) they Video is is QuickTime (W ich is dead to the rest the world) or YouTube which has to be converted and can only be viewed on the iphone.

Live with Steve dragging his skinny Ass upgrading potention virus Risks and know that you will NEVER HAVE STREAMING WITH ANYTHING THAT IS A COMPETING STANDARD.

DUMB A?? SHEEP.

First, how about no name calling. Usually the first to lose their cool loses the argument.

Second, you simply failed to comprehend the article, and people's responses. Read, don't skim. On the iPhone, it's not about some alleged proprietary Quicktime, it's about using an open standard.

YouTube (and Flash, Silverlight and the rest of the world) is moving to h.264 anyway, no conversion should be necessary.
  • Reply 33 of 89
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

Video streaming should NOT be allowed on the iPhone. If you want to watch movie, stay your ass at home. There is already enough distractions on the road. No damn video streaming.

I have a thought: How about if you decide what you want on your iPhone but keep your cotton picking hands off of my iPhone? Stop dictating how others should be allowed to use the product they bought. Maybe, just maybe, a PASSENGER in a car should be allowed to watch a movie? Or a traveler stuck at an airport? Or in a hotel? Never thought of that, eh? Please put your brain in gear before posting next time. Thanks.
  • Reply 34 of 89
    frankiefrankie Posts: 381member
    I can't even get AT&T to let me make a call all the way through without dropping out...but I'm gonna stream a movie? Good luck.

Apple should just start buying these dudes up. Buy adobe, buy netflix, buy all of them like microsoft buys everybody else. Why not? F rom what I hear they surely got the money. Save them all the headaches and legal stuff in the long run.
  • Reply 35 of 89
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    You really have no idea of what you are talking about.

Quote:

Yes I did read the Video and unless (currently) they Video is is QuickTime (W ich is dead to the rest the world) or YouTube which has to be converted and can only be viewed on the iphone.

Live with Steve dragging his skinny Ass upgrading potention virus Risks and know that you will NEVER HAVE STREAMING WITH ANYTHING THAT IS A COMPETING STANDARD.

DUMB A?? SHEEP.

• Reply 36 of 89
    "So Flash is kind of a big deal on new smartphones. The iPhone doesn't have it, the Pre doesn't have it, BlackBerry devices don't have it... but the Hero does. Unfortunately, in our testing, we found the inclusion actually hurts operation of the phone more than it helps. When browsing to a site heavy on Flash (there are many), the browser loading times were abysmal. Furthermore, trying to view videos in-window produced choppy, nearly unwatchable results. You may have a better experience with lighter kinds of content, but in our opinion the main reason to introduce Flash into a mobile environment is to allow for broader media viewing options, and in the current state of this Flash player, you're not really going to get much mileage out of it."

Engadget HTC Hero review

Quote:

HTC is about to release a phone witch full Adobe Flash on it.

• Reply 37 of 89
    What is Apple doing that has been greedy at the expense of the end user?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by str1f3 View Post

I agree that Apple has recently starting to become real greedy at the expense of their end user.

• Reply 38 of 89
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    I think this rumor is unlikely. Not only because it competes directly with iTunes, but also because it's kind if pointless.

Think about it - no 3G support from AT&T means you'd be limited to WiFi, and you need a good connection as well, at least 1 - 2 mbps constant, even for the iPhone screen. Not something you'd get at your local 'free wi-fi' Mall. So you'll be using it at home then.

Oh, and streaming WiFi video, not exactly battery friendly, so it'll be plugged in then,

Ah... so how many people will use their iPhone to stream netflicks at home, as opposed to their computer or Xbox?

Exactly...
  • Reply 39 of 89
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:

That is why my next phone will not be an iPhone.

Well, hurry up already and get your new non-Apple phone, and go away. You're utter lack of reading comprehension and repetition here have become tedious.
  • Reply 40 of 89
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    Quote:

Not a troll for the iPhone (just for the Mac computer) and you are correct, Netflix & Flash are available on the Mac. BUT WILL NEVER BE AVAILABLE ON THE IPHONE and if they are they will be WiFi only (unlike the Blackberry and WinMo).

Buy the way, Flash has always sucked on the Mac.

Why are idiots always illiterate? Oh wait...