Spaces shortcut keys question

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Whenever I assign shortcut keys to Spaces using the Expose' & Spaces panel in System Preferences, it seems that in a day or two the shortcut keys no longer work and System Preferences shows them as being unassigned. I thought there may be a conflict with another shortcut but there isn't - at least according to the Keyboard & Mouse panel in System Preferences. This happens on both my MBP and my iMac as well as on the PowerMac I recently sold. I've tried other keys and combinations but with the same results. I've also experienced this in all versions of Leopard including the current 10.5.7.

I'm using F8 to activate Spaces, Command + Option + Arrow key to switch between Spaces and Command + Option + Number key to switch directly to a Space.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Can't say that I have. Not sure where that is stored. Maybe com.apple.KeyboardViewerServer.plist ?

F8 doesn't work, or the combos to switch to another Space, or both (all three)?

Do you have a "hot corner" set to activate Spaces? Of course, that won't help with switching. I tend to go to the hot corner, then pick the one I want to switch to.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gregg View Post

Can't say that I have. Not sure where that is stored. Maybe com.apple.KeyboardViewerServer.plist ?

F8 doesn't work, or the combos to switch to another Space, or both (all three)?

Do you have a "hot corner" set to activate Spaces? Of course, that won't help with switching. I tend to go to the hot corner, then pick the one I want to switch to.

All stop working. I don't use hot corners. It's very strange and I haven't been able to identify if some other application is reassigning those shortcut keys.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    You can check the assignments in System Preferences >> Keyboard & Mouse... At the top, select Keyboard Shortcuts. You may need to expand a few app listings (click the triangle on the left).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

You can check the assignments in System Preferences >> Keyboard & Mouse... At the top, select Keyboard Shortcuts. You may need to expand a few app listings (click the triangle on the left).

I have but it doesn't show any conflicts. Very strange indeed.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Hmmm...

Did you try SnapzPro?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Hmmm...

Did you try SnapzPro?

No. I'll check into that. Thanks for the suggestion.