Microsoft fixes Office for Mac 2008 SP2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Microsoft this week released a patch for its Office for Mac 2008 suite. Version 12.2.1 fixes a problem that was created by Service Pack 2, released last month.

After installing Service Pack 2, some users had difficult opening XML-based documents. The error message read: "Microsoft Excel cannot open the file. You may have to download the latest updates for Office for Mac. Do you want to visit the Microsoft Web site for more information?" Microsoft says this 24MB update addresses that problem.

Released in July, Microsoft said SP2 for Office increased the software's speed and stability.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sprxsprx Posts: 1member
    M$ office 2008 12,2,1 doesn't let it self be installed on any of my HD's
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sprx View Post

M$ office 2008 12,2,1 doesn't let it self be installed on any of my HD's

No probs here on a 17" 2009 MBP with OSX.5.8.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Microsoft this week released a patch for its Office for Mac 2008 suite. Version 12.2.1 fixes a problem that was created by Service Pack 2, released last month.

After installing Service Pack 2, some users had difficult opening XML-based documents. The error message read: "Microsoft Excel cannot open the file. You may have to download the latest updates for Office for Mac. Do you want to visit the Microsoft Web site for more information?" Microsoft says this 24MB update addresses that problem.

Released in July, Microsoft said SP2 for Office increased the software's speed and stability.

Thanks to Microshit stellar software quality I stopped using Word, hopefully forever and ever.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I don't have a single Microsoft product installed on my Mac anymore. Office for Mac was complete crap. I much prefer iWork. Pages is so much easier to use than Word.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

I don't have a single Microsoft product installed on my Mac anymore. Office for Mac was complete crap. I much prefer iWork. Pages is so much easier to use than Word.

iWork is probably the best software package in the market right now. For less than $100 you get a desktop editor that is 1 million times better than Word or anything else for that matter and the best presentation software humankind has ever devised: keynote. Numbers is not bad either.