Problem displaying some websites

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Mac Pro running 10.5.7 which is having problems displaying some websites correctly. It only effects a handful of websites but it is still very annoying. One example is the magazine hosting website http://www.issuu.com which it displays text but no images or style sheets. Similar problems happen on one or two other sites.

It effects all browsers on my mac Safari/Firefox/Opera and also effects Internet Explorer / firefox on my Parallels install. I've tried to change my DNS settings from my office settings to OpenDNS with no change. Everyone else in my office is running Windows XP and having no problems with the same sites.

Any suggestions besides switching to Windoze would be appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philiporeilly View Post

I have a Mac Pro running 10.5.7 which is having problems displaying some websites correctly. It only effects a handful of websites but it is still very annoying. One example is the magazine hosting website http://www.issuu.com which it displays text but no images or style sheets. Similar problems happen on one or two other sites.

It effects all browsers on my mac Safari/Firefox/Opera and also effects Internet Explorer / firefox on my Parallels install. I've tried to change my DNS settings from my office settings to OpenDNS with no change. Everyone else in my office is running Windows XP and having no problems with the same sites.

Not to sound silly, but you do have the latest flash plug in right, it's a flash drive site, so not sure how you would see text and no images =\\
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

Not to sound silly, but you do have the latest flash plug in right, it's a flash drive site, so not sure how you would see text and no images =\\

Nothing that simple unfortunately. Just used that website as an example but it also effects one or two other non flash based sites. It effects all browsers (including IE in Parallels) and it it for granted that all plugins etc are installed and up to date.

I presuming that its some sort of a DNS issue with the firewall at work.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philiporeilly View Post

I was just about to say boot camp to Windows!