Demand for Apple's 13" MacBook Pro may be outpacing supply

Comments

• Reply 121 of 146
    Online:

13" 2.53 250G HD : 7 ~ 10 days

All other combinations including SSD , 1 ~ 3 days

13" 2.26 The only option that is 7 ~ 10 days is 250G HD.

i.e. the issue is the 250G HD and not the machine itself.

Regards.
  • Reply 122 of 146
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    Apple is definitely going to beat all these Analysts expectations. That is a given. The company has been beating expectations quarter after quarter, year after year for a long time now.

Of course the new Macbooks are knockouts, just out of this world. I know a guy who bought one just to use Windows XP. He said he uses Mac OS X just for video and pictures. However, I see him as another convert. Like millions of converts before him and millions to follow, the Mac cult is growing unabated day after day until Microsoft is buried, and the whole world will enjoy computing as it is meant to be.

Viva Apple! Viva Mac OS X!
  • Reply 123 of 146
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

He was being sarcastic, brucep.

Do you know Dr SpellGood from the EMI pink floyd site ?
  • Reply 124 of 146
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I went to two stores (not Apple) in Australia to buy a MacBook, both were sold out of the 13" pro's with a ten day wait.

I got one of the older 13" aluminium MacBooks instead, 2.4GHz, 2GB DDR3 RAM and 250 GB hard drive.

I don't know how much Snow Leopard will cost, whether I'd qualify for the $10 upgrade, does anyone know?
  • Reply 125 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Glossy sells well to emotional buyers, computer newbies unaware of glare problem and those who prefer glossy because of the better contrast and color and wiling to take the penalty of glare and/or live with it. (edited to clarify)

However those who glare is a serious issue, think that has more importance being eliminated than the better contrast and color glossy screens provides.

And no not all notebook screens are glossy, Leveno sells matte screens and so do other makers. But it's Windows, and we know that sucks.

However, if Apple used Museum Glass, which is glass, but non-reflective. We could reap the benefits of the higher contrast and colors of glossy without the annoying reflections and glare.

Everyone would be happy, including me.

What is a troll ??

Can a troll be someone so obsessed with a subject that they post the same thing over and over and over .HOW many horses must die until this person gets help with his un controlled obsession's .

SOFTWARE

Apple for over 9 yrs has perfected OSX Snow lep,

Soon with open CL > G C S > 3D Graphics apple will almost at its zenith incredible accurate rock hard stable fast processing. Why is this so important?

DEVICE/MACHINES

Apple for 9 yrs has built and created computers for one thing only fast powerful rendering of movies photos graphics of all kinds . AND now 3d gaming is almost here .

WHY is apple working so hard ?

Apple needed to sell more machines 10 yrs ago .

Apple needed to have machines that consumers needed .

apple needed to increase its market share

So apple made consumer devices for media content playback IPOD ITOUCH IPHONE ATV .

APPLE ALSO WANTED CONTROL over content so itunes the largest media content selling store in the world was invented and now we have the 100,000 app store open for the small devices. ONE BILLION SOLD .

SO why is all this o important to us and to apple .

For apple to sell its machines .

For us to get the media content we want, when we want it and how we want it .

So apple worked very hard making perfect media content playback machines . For ten years .

And now apple has made an incredible UNIBODY ALUM MBP line

WITH SNOW

WITH Fast Processors

With 3 chip graphic designs . Intel cpu duo core and 2 nvida chips 9400 and screaming fast 9600 chip.

The finest all round lap tops ever made. NEAR perfection.

FOR TEN YEARS apple has marched in one direction .

Media content playback

Movies

And the NEW fantastic MBP plays movies with the finest most beautiful look ever. Star Trek looks incredible on the glass screen MBP. And that is all the consumer wants

And that is all apple has strived to achieve .

If you want to do anything on you computer that is graphic-free than buy a white MB and it is still ten times more power than you'll ever need.

So why would apple lessen its beautiful glass screen that makes movies look so good .

You wanna type Go get an MB.

Only A troll would not see this clear as rain fact. Apple is a consumer company .

Go buy a dell or buy an older model apple . You looked away but for a moment and the future rushed by you . GET over it . GLOSSY screens make movies look fantastic . That tidal wave has swamped you .

peace

• Reply 126 of 146
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Gee what a surprise, the single best value laptop ever offered in Apple's history, and its flying off the shelves (compared to other units). Who didn't see that coming? Probably the same schlepps that thought the 3rd gen iPhone was "too similar" to sell big.
  • Reply 127 of 146
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

What is a troll ??

Can a troll be someone so obsessed with a subject that they post the same thing over and over and over .HOW many horses must die until this person gets help with his un controlled obsession's .

SOFTWARE

Apple for over 9 yrs has perfected OSX Snow lep,

Soon with open CL > G C S > 3D Graphics apple will almost at its zenith incredible accurate rock hard stable fast processing. Why is this so important?

DEVICE/MACHINES

Apple for 9 yrs has built and created computers for one thing only fast powerful rendering of movies photos graphics of all kinds . AND now 3d gaming is almost here .

Apple needed to sell more machines 10 yrs ago .

So apple made consumer devices for media content playback IPOD ITOUCH IPHONE ATV .

APPLE ALSO WANTED CONTROL over content so itunes the largest media content selling store in the world was invented and now we have the 100,000 app store open for the small devices. ONE BILLION SOLD .

So apple worked very hard making perfect media content playback machines . For ten years .

And now apple has made an incredible UNIBODY ALUM MBP line

WITH SNOW

WITH Fast Processors

With 3 chip graphic designs . Intel cpu duo core and 2 nvida chips 9400 and screaming fast 9600 chip.

Media content playback

Movies

And the NEW fantastic MBP plays movies with the finest most beautiful look ever. Star Trek looks incredible on the glass screen MBP. And that is all the consumer wants

If you want to do anything on you computer that is graphic-free than buy a white MB and it is still ten times more power than you'll ever need.

So why would apple lessen its beautiful glass screen that makes movies look so good .

You wanna type Go get an MB.

Only A troll would not see this clear as rain fact. Apple is a consumer company .

Go buy a dell or buy an older model apple . You looked away but for a moment and the future rushed by you . GET over it . GLOSSY screens make movies look fantastic . That tidal wave has swamped you .

peace

Glossy screens do bring out the colours quite nicely - richer colours, deeper blacks. They do look nice. Easy to clean, too. My next display will be glossy.
  • Reply 128 of 146
    mstratmstrat Posts: 4member
    get the 2.53 13" with a bigger hard drive? I ordered a stock model and got an "upgrade" to 300GB . I'm new so I don't know how to post a screen shot from the OS to these forums.
  • Reply 129 of 146
    Just ordered my new 13" MBP last night online.

250 gig HD, 4 gig of Ram.

Apple says it will ship on or around 7/24, to be delivered around 7/29.......18 days away.\

This gives me time to find a new notebook backpack and to buy a 400 to 800 firewire adapter.

The free ipod touch will be here in a couple of days. The HP6500 printer will not ship until 7/31.

I can live with my 12" powerbook and G4 imac until then.......
  • Reply 130 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

AND now 3d gaming is almost here .

So apple worked very hard making perfect media content playback machines .

For ten years .

Star Trek looks incredible on the glass screen MBP.

And that is all the consumer wants

ten times more power than you'll ever need.

You looked away but for a moment and the future rushed by you. That tidal wave has swamped you

Stalin couldn't have said it better...except for the bit about Star Trek maybe!!
  • Reply 131 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post

stalin couldn't have said it better...except for the bit about star trek maybe!! :d

stalin was avery bad man
  • Reply 132 of 146
    applebookapplebook Posts: 350member
    MacTripper is a troll. The guy wonders why someone might take offense with his tone and name-calling

"Museum glass." LOL. What a tool.
  • Reply 133 of 146
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidT View Post

Just out of curiosity: is there a resource where we can find out how many computer owners use various aspects of their machine? eg. i wonder how many people actually use firewire? I and a few of my friends do (mostly musicians and video people). but the majority of my acquaintances who own MBPs or Powerbooks never, ever used the firewire port. They just don't need it. Since the port has reappeared, I presume apple learned that there is demand, but I wonder how many percent of owners actually require a firewire port.

Same goes for the expresscard slot.

I bought this generation of MBP 13". I was waiting on the Firewire port: it's a requirement for me (for digital video). Once it was back in, there wasn't a reason not to get this laptop.

I replaced a PB 12", which served me well for 6 years.
  • Reply 134 of 146
    applebookapplebook Posts: 350member
    Ah, the 12" PowerBook, my first Mac and my favorite of all time.
  • Reply 135 of 146
    macmaniacmacmaniac Posts: 183member
    [QUOTE=faithfulFrank;1445578]Well, I plan on buying a 13" MacbookPro this week. But sadly, I'm not excited.

frank, you will be if you get it w/an SSD. I got mine last week and damned if it doesn't boot in 20 seconds and programs and web pages load almost immediately!

Good luck,

Steve
  • Reply 136 of 146
    macmaniacmacmaniac Posts: 183member
    [QUOTE=MacTripper;1445519]

Now that memory like SDXC can hold up to 2TB with 2x the speed of a 7,200 RPM hard drive, why use SSD or HD's anymore?

So SDXC could replace RAM and internal storage devices? What about cost?

Steve b.
  • Reply 137 of 146
    Well, I've had the new 13"macbookPro for just over a week.

I have really warmed up to it, and am enjoying the new features that I have not had before.

The trackpad is amazing.......I no longer use a mouse, which is nice.

The backlit keys are cool, and the battery life is better then I've ever had before.

Of course, the magsafe adapter is also a nice upgrade from what I was used to also.

It does seem MUCH bigger then my 12" powerbook. The screen is brighter, and I'm getting used to the glossy screen. I'm not sure if my next one down the road a few years will have one.....but by then I'm thinking Apple will give us a choice.

My son has the powerbook now......it replaced his 12" powerbook that he got years ago.....the very first 12" they came out with, so he is happy also, and it stayed in the family. So I don't feel like I'm totally throwing out the "good old days", I still use my 17" G4 Imac......still a thing of beauty.

Frank
  • Reply 138 of 146
    Apple is doing well this year.. That's good news! Now just bring on a matte screen, Apple..
  • Reply 139 of 146
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post

Well, I've had the new 13"macbookPro for just over a week.

I have really warmed up to it, and am enjoying the new features that I have not had before.

The trackpad is amazing.......I no longer use a mouse, which is nice.

I was just thinking about how the trackpad was a dealkiller for me. I hate it. I like this one on my Spring '08 (MATTE!) MBP, but I have to choose between the current chiclet MB and 13" MBP for another family computer so I spent a long time on one today. There's just not enough differentiating the two for a casual user except for what's outside the hood, and while the reports of duff screens on the new MBs is a concern, the new trackpad was really bumming me out, and I think it would frustrate the intended user in this case.

Too many decisions by Apple (ultra glossy screens, new trackpad, a few others) that make me feel a bit less enamored with current models than I used to be.
  • Reply 140 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

I was just thinking about how the trackpad was a dealkiller for me. I hate it. I like this one on my Spring '08 (MATTE!) MBP, but I have to choose between the current chiclet MB and 13" MBP for another family computer so I spent a long time on one today. There's just not enough differentiating the two for a casual user except for what's outside the hood, and while the reports of duff screens on the new MBs is a concern, the new trackpad was really bumming me out, and I think it would frustrate the intended user in this case.

Too many decisions by Apple (ultra glossy screens, new trackpad, a few others) that make me feel a bit less enamored with current models than I used to be.

We have to get used to the learning curve sooner or later or we'll get bored after no time.