Pricing

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If these "rumors" are correct Apple better at least price the towards accordingly.

something like 1599, 1999, 2499, 2999

or 1699, 2299, 2999

seems about right. Look at the current machines, I can't believe they are still charging 3500 for that PowerMac G4 dual 800.

do you think Apple will wake up and take a hint from the success they saw when they dropped iBook and Powerbook prices?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I hope they do, but I'm not too sure that they actually will.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I hope they do, but I'm not too sure that they actually will.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gotta love those one-liners!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    lol. I was thinking the same thing
  • Reply 4 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

Gotta love those one-liners!</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL, it wouldn't be me if it wasn't a one-liner.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    EmAn is like those magic 8-balls.

"Outlook not so good".

"Maybe so."

"I wouldn't count on it".

• Reply 6 of 10
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>EmAn is like those magic 8-balls.

"Outlook not so good".

"Maybe so."

"I wouldn't count on it".

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heck MacAddict, that last post of your would have been 4 (5 if you count the smile) posts for EmAn... It's no wonder you only have 400ish posts while EmAn is over the 1k mark!

Dave
  • Reply 7 of 10
    [quote]do you think Apple will wake up and take a hint from the success they saw when they dropped iBook and Powerbook prices?<hr></blockquote>

Remember what happened to their sales numbers when they lowered the prices of the towers last year during the fire sale?

In response to actually selling Macs, Steve was forced to raise prices back to and above what they were before. Apparently believing either it was in Apple's best interest not to sell Macs, or that the sales jump could only be arrtibuted to large masses of people suddenly developing a desire to buy Macs, and therefore it was important that he add an extra $100 or so to each model's price just for good meausre. Judging by his past actions, I would say it was probably the latter.

And of course, Apple didn't make a dime selling computers after the price jump, but it's not like they tried to, or anything.

People will buy Macs if they are priced reasonably. I certainly hope the Cube and iBook2 experiences have taught him something. Or would lower-priced desktops draw "the wrong crowd"? Not the affluent yuppies, but normal people as well? People who aren't interested in being offered $400 MP3 players and all the other digital junk Apple wants to push.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I'd like to see Apple come in at $999, $1699, $2299, and $2999.

800, 867, 933, 1 Ghz

Double Proc for 400, 600, 800, and 1000 more.

Something like that.

SdC
  • Reply 9 of 10
    enderender Posts: 353member
    Of course, we all know that a $999 tower isn't going to happen. Apple would never offer a fully functional tower for less than the iMacs (unless you're saying that the new iMacs are going to be &lt; $999...).

But I'd say that pricing looks good if you leave off the low-end tower.

-Ender
  • Reply 10 of 10
    At one point, many moons ago when, I was shopping for my i-Book, Apple was selling the cheap iMac's for $899.00 at CompUSA. I watched as they sold two of those units in minutes.

Within, a week when I revisited the same store, all those cheap iMac's were gone.

If Apple is really interested in attracting new customers to it's OS platform then, Price would be a driving factor.

I would love to see low-end iMac's starting at $599.00 and, then John Q. Public would JUMP!! joe