MacBook Air hinges

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I want to buy a MacBook Air, but I´m worried about the problems with the hinges. Is it only a problem with first generation MBA? Please help me...[/IMG]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    This is a design issue, not the generation issue.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    It would be really nice if you had scaled down the images before posting. That's just huge. How did you get such large images if you don't own it?

As far as I know, the newer Airs are the same case, with a different board inside.

I didn't know anyone was having problems with the hinges.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I had the original and now have a new one.

No problems with the hinge in those two.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It would be really nice if you had scaled down the images before posting. That's just huge. How did you get such large images if you don't own it?

As far as I know, the newer Airs are the same case, with a different board inside.

I didn't know anyone was having problems with the hinges.

And the pics are gone!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by p.straf View Post

Hi,

I want to buy a MacBook Air, but I´m worried about the problems with the hinges. Is it only a problem with first generation MBA? Please help me...[/IMG]

We have noticed the problem with the MacBook Pro 15 inch (mid 2009 and mid 2010) as well. The screens just flop down when moving the base... I would go to an Apple store an confront the respective sales rep before buying the machine.