Demand for Apple's 13" MacBook Pro may be outpacing supply

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 146
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

I was just thinking about how the trackpad was a dealkiller for me. I hate it.

what do you hate about it? It's by far the best built-in pointing device on a laptop I've ever used. (I've had a PB 145b (trackball), PB 190 (trackpad), PB G4 Titanium (trackpad), MacBook (white), and now a unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro; I've also used various friends'/relatives' PC laptops with trackpads).
  • Reply 142 of 146
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

what do you hate about it? It's by far the best built-in pointing device on a laptop I've ever used. (I've had a PB 145b (trackball), PB 190 (trackpad), PB G4 Titanium (trackpad), MacBook (white), and now a unibody 15.4" MacBook Pro; I've also used various friends'/relatives' PC laptops with trackpads).

It took me no time at all to get used to my 2008 MBP trackpad, but I played with the new one for a long time throughout the day and never took to it. I kept triggering wrong screen changes which I never do on mine and I just felt less in control. I kept trying to get used to it to no avail. Granted, I may just be too used to mine, that it doesn't behave if you use the same wrist placement.
  • Reply 143 of 146
    Quote:

It's by far the best trackpad ever made. Not only is it smoother because it's glass, its size alone makes it actually usable. Most PC laptops have tiny trackpads that are useless, especially for higher-res screens.
  • Reply 144 of 146
    Quote:

+1 to that, sir! ( Mr Language Police )
  • Reply 145 of 146
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applebook View Post

Ah, the 12" PowerBook, my first Mac and my favorite of all time.

Same here. I used to love the powerbook. Very happy Apple uses uninbody!
  • Reply 146 of 146
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applebook View Post

It's by far the best trackpad ever made. Not only is it smoother because it's glass, its size alone makes it actually usable. Most PC laptops have tiny trackpads that are useless, especially for higher-res screens.

I actually like the not-so big trackpads, because on a large screen you can still use just finger motion with a little extension. I like going from one extreme of the screen to the other without repositioning my hand. Small size, if it works well, isn't a minus to me. The combination of the smaller surface trackpad on the 2008 MBP and a tablet for critical stuff has been good for me.

But another trip there, when the GB gets a chance next week to hear my battery tale, will give me another opportunity to make friends with it.