Another Clue? Bush raises speed limit on export pc's

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Coincidence? Serendipity? Foreshadowing of Mondays events?

Here's a link to a CNN article. Bush has lifted the export ban on high speed pc chips. With that out of the way, Apple can ring in the New Year with a Phat G5 (or Power4C, or G6, or whatever far out chips you can think of)!

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/industry/01/03/export.reut/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/industry/01/03/export.reut/index.html</a>;

The Bush Administration more than doubled the processor speed limit, from 85,000 Millions of Theoretical Operations Per Second, or MTOPS, to 195,000 MTOPS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    He's still a dumb red neck.

Opps, sorry, no politcs
  • Reply 2 of 7
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    just a sign of the times... speeds go up, limits must go up too. I agree the timing is coincidental, but i think it's just that.

Fun.

NeilyB
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Apple doesn't have the pull with Bush to get that done. Among other things, Jobs is a big Democrat. Dell's the man Bush thinks is king in computers. They get along well.

Just another area where my realms of politics conflict internally.

Maybe it has something to do with the release of Northwood?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Yeah, I heard internal Apple market research shows the new G5 has huge target markets in Pakistan and Russia.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    [quote]Originally posted by Hi Ho Quicksilver:

<strong>Coincidence? Serendipity? Foreshadowing of Mondays events?

?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That belong straight to the x-files.

best
  • Reply 6 of 7
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by KD5MDK:

<strong>Apple doesn't have the pull with Bush to get that done. Among other things, Jobs is a big Democrat. Dell's the man Bush thinks is king in computers. They get along well.

Just another area where my realms of politics conflict internally.

Maybe it has something to do with the release of Northwood?</strong><hr></blockquote>

1) Yes, Jobs is a screaming liberal Demo.

2) Bush uses a PB G3....or he did anyway. I have seen him sitting in front of one....

3) Bush sometimes SOUNDS and LOOKS dumb. But, there is no question in my mind that he ISN'T dumb. Not at all. He has aquired something Cinton and Gore never had....good judgement and the courage to act on it.

BTW, I thought all these things pre-9/11 as well. I laugh now when I hear the media talking about how he has changed....he may have a bit....but what really changed is the media and the country itself.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    slackerslacker Posts: 127member
    Even though this isn't future hardware.....

Bush doesn't make quite as many bone-headed remarks and mispronunciations, but other than that he's still the same guy as before 9/11 (whether you like him or not).

Remember that his father had incredible wartime polls also, they don't show faith in the president per say, only that America is backing the commander-in-chief (which is different).