13 iNCH or 15 iNCH? Hmmmm; decisions, decisions....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
im really considering buying a MBP but am stuck as to which size screen to get. APPLE.com has 13 inch refurbs w/a 2.53 ghz proc., 4gig of ram and a 250gbhd for 1299 and a 15 inch for the same price with 2gig ram and 250gig hd and a 2.4 processor. please people help me! ill be using it for some light picture editing, browsing, music, etc. i know i probably wont need that much ram but i figured having the extra memory wouldnt hurt in the long run as well as the 2.53 proc. honestly i want to go with the 15inch but the higher mem. and better processor on the 13 inch is whats holding me back...would i even see a difference between the 2.4 and 2.53 processor? because if not, than i might go with the 15 inch and upgrade the memory myself....or should i get the mbp 13inch brand new w/the standard 2.26 ghz with 4gig ram and 320gig hd for 1279 w/student discount? again will i see a major difference w/a 2.2, 2.4, and 2.5 ghz processor...id expect the higher the number the better, but is it that much of a difference to justify the increase in price.?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    It's hard to follow what you are saying here. "..." doesn't substitute for good punctuation and paragraphs.

I just went from a 15" to a 13". I don't miss the 15". I would have gotten a 13" at the time if apple offered it. For me I want a laptop that travels well. So 13" fits the bill.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LV718 View Post

ill be using it for some light picture editing, browsing, music, etc.

So you'll really be using it as if it were a deluxe NetBook.

In that case I would go the whole nine yards and get the 13" with all the bells & whistles to make it a really super-duper 'deluxe NetBook'.

That's not for me though. I like a screen with ample real estate, and not really a laptop, but a mobile work station. Something that gives me the whole package with full capabilities on site when I want or need it. The 17" MacBook Pro. I'm on my second one (next to a few iMacs).

The penalty is weight of course. Though that promotes careful handling = lifespan.

But overkill for "some light picture editing, browsing, music, etc.".