Apple's iPhone 3GS has 99 percent satisfaction rate

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    i don't know where everyone else lives, but in central connecticut i have 5 bars 90% of the time and never less than three. 3G is always available and always speedy. when i travel to northern vermont i still have 3g far off of I-91. coastal maine, same thing.

if you're complaining about the price, remember that you get what you pay for.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

the survey was taken in an apple store. if you complain about anything apple in there they take you out back and shoot you

Hahahahahahaha. I guess it really boils down to area. I hear horror stories of T-Mobile in certain parts of Florida, but in other areas like The Texas Valley, they are great. Same for Verizon or Sprint......just pick your poison.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    What? LOL ability to import contacts. Means people are lazy to enter in their contacts or just dumb enough not to know how to import them from any phone to a computer. Aggg...cheeezz
  • Reply 24 of 43
    maybe Apple can use that 31 Billion to buy a music publisher, movie studio or a cell carrier and cut out the weak link.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drk_one View Post

AT&T's crappy network hasn't changed one bit since the iPhone 3G came out. What were these people expecting?

I've seen a significant improvement in 3G coverage in the north east in the last year. I can't even remember the last time I got knocked back to EDGE. Pretty reliability getting 1.5-2Mbit/sec. Definitely beats Sprint & T-Mobile in these parts. The uneven coverage of all wireless carriers in the US is a major argument for wireless choice. Apple is definitely hurting customers by limiting choice of wireless carriers in the US.
  • Reply 26 of 43
    gmogmo Posts: 9member
    How long will Apple let AT&T weigh the iPhone down? The only thing Apple I DON'T own is an iPhone, although I had one for 12 hours and had to return it due to a total lack of service. What should I expect, I only live in the Phoenix metro area with 6 million other people....why would AT&T want coverage in a small town like that? \
  • Reply 27 of 43
    ive had the 3Gs since launch day, im not exactly what you would call satisfied.

first, where are the features!?

there are zero apps that i have seen that require the 3Gs, when i was originally looking at it i kept hearing on apple sites the ideas of what the digital compass would make room for, so far, nothing. not even a game.

next, picture messaging, for christs sake, have we not waited long enough?

should i hit the old bag again? where is tomtom with its non-subscription based turn by turn GPS?!

also is it normal to have more lag with a 3Gs than i did with a 3G? when i tilt screen it takes a full second to switch to landscape mode, either in websites or txt messaging. its also bad with safari, there is serious lag when im switching between "tabs" when im using safari, something else i dont remember noticing when i had my 3G just 6 months ago.l

it all adds up to me wondering how happy i might be with a blackberry storm 2 or a palm pre.

but if what im experiencing is not normal than maybe i just need to get a replacement.

also, im getting damage on the damn thing already! thats really pissing me off, the gloss finish is scratching off, which is making it so the white is staining a dirty tint. i have a cover on it 24/7. the pocket lint is causing this much damage, its ridiculous. this has just made me relize how unsatisfied with the phone i am... too bad im stuck with it for the next few years... yay...

this is the reason my girlfriend is getting the new Zune...
  • Reply 28 of 43
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmilinGoat View Post

ive had the 3Gs since launch day, im not exactly what you would call satisfied.

first, where are the features!?

there are zero apps that i have seen that require the 3Gs, when i was originally looking at it i kept hearing on apple sites the ideas of what the digital compass would make room for, so far, nothing. not even a game.

next, picture messaging, for christs sake, have we not waited long enough?

should i hit the old bag again? where is tomtom with its non-subscription based turn by turn GPS?!

also is it normal to have more lag with a 3Gs than i did with a 3G? when i tilt screen it takes a full second to switch to landscape mode, either in websites or txt messaging. its also bad with safari, there is serious lag when im switching between "tabs" when im using safari, something else i dont remember noticing when i had my 3G just 6 months ago.l

it all adds up to me wondering how happy i might be with a blackberry storm 2 or a palm pre.

but if what im experiencing is not normal than maybe i just need to get a replacement.

also, im getting damage on the damn thing already! thats really pissing me off, the gloss finish is off, which is making it so the white is staining a dirty tint. i have a cover on it 24/7. the pocket lint is causing this much damage, its ridiculous. this has just made me relize how unsatisfied with the phone i am... too bad im stuck with it for the next few years... yay...

this is the reason my girlfriend is getting the new Zune...

Lint is scratching your iphone ? Are you wearing metal pants ?? I know talc can be pretty rough too

You have a girl friend and an iphone ??
  • Reply 29 of 43
    OH yes,. And by the way...

This RBC/IQ survey is undertaken by RBC Capital Markets an international corporate and investment bank. Which kind of bankers got us into this current financial disaster?

200 respondents is not even close to being a valid sample. How did they pick these estatic souls and were they savvy phone users or newbees. How long have they had their phone? Have they tried or had other newer phones demoed to them? Where they given the phones gratis? Need I mentioned that this “survey company” is in it to make money. What questions were asked. This is pure PR Applesauce rubish.

In Japan, carriers have to give iPhones away. That's the only way their customers will accept them. There are better phones in the rest of the world that the people in the far East can use. They don't need the lousy iPhone. The reason we don't see many of those great phones is because our networks, for the most part suck. From all indications, they will widely implement WiMax/4G before we do. VOIP is widely used, and they still have a local branded network to use as needed. And since its not an iPhone, your web browser doesn't crash, google maps doesn't shut itself off in the middle a search, flash is supported, earbuds don't fall apart, your screen doesn't develope black lines, it doesn't burn up, or worse and you can actually hear someone on your phone, in a crowded room.

Fortunately, with a bit of looking, you can find some of these 3g/4g/flash capable phones so you don't have to put yourself in the position of signing up for another iPhone every time Apple says new! New and Improved what? Oh, you finally caught up with what the rest of the world is doing? Almost, comes back the reply from Appleland.

It would be helpful if Mr. Hughes could tell us who these organizations are and what business they are in at the beginning of the article.
  • Reply 30 of 43
    I was rather surprised to see this survey here. I mean 200 people is nothing, not to mention that this was done with reasons to lure new investors with limited/incomplete info – where's the report of the French teen that got hurt by an exploding iPod/iPhone?

"MARSEILLE, France (AFP) -

A French teenager suffered an eye injury when his girlfriend's iPhone shattered, a few weeks after a similar incident involving an iPod in Britain, his mother said Wednesday.

The phone began making a hissing noise and the screen suddenly broke, sending pieces flying in the air, said Marie-Dominique Kolega who contacted Apple over the incident.

"My son was frightened but he did not lose an eye," Kolega told AFP.

The incident in Aix-en-Provence in southern France occurred a few weeks after a brouhaha in Britain over an exploding iPod owned by an 11-year-old girl.

Apple allegedly offered a refund for the girl's iPod on condition that the family sign a confidentiality agreement
    ."
  • Reply 31 of 43
    In the UK I would guess that O2 is probably the most disliked component, while they probably are not as bad as AT&T, the carrier aspect of the iPhone is the most uninnovative bit. I have no love for the operators. Apple could really do something insanely great here and change the way we pay for our calls (and solve the extortionate roaming prices).

The battery live is a pain too, I can run my 3GS flat in less than a working day (with 1 hour commute each way)
  • Reply 32 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I can't wait for a competent carrier to get it.

Like who? they are all as bad as each other.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    I believe the iPhone is the best product made by Apple and looking at the satisfaction rating, it has really reassured me that Apple is the way to go ever since I switched from WM 3 years ago.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stashman View Post

In the UK I would guess that O2 is probably the most disliked component, while they probably are not as bad as AT&T, the carrier aspect of the iPhone is the most uninnovative bit. I have no love for the operators. Apple could really do something insanely great here and change the way we pay for our calls (and solve the extortionate roaming prices).

The battery live is a pain too, I can run my 3GS flat in less than a working day (with 1 hour commute each way)

You should get a car iPhone charger. That's two extra hours of battery life in your day. That said, I don't know about the wisdom of cellphone use while driving.....
  • Reply 35 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stashman View Post

Like who? they are all as bad as each other.

All have their own pros and cons IMO.
  • Reply 36 of 43
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    As many of you know, I bought my 3GS July 3rd and am 100% satisfied with it. Almost every day I find something new about it that adds to its performance. I just picked up the latest MacWorld and am reading their whole issue devoted to it. Its interesting that the 3GS has received 4 1/2 mice versus the first two generation iPhones which received 4 mice and that was when the iPhone was breathtakingly new! This version of the iPhone is the real deal and is the version where it has really come into its own.

Now if we could only get that AT&T problem solved. I hope AT&T gets hit hard with this MMS pics lawsuit. Apple may have to sue them for this perhaps as well.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    xplicsxplics Posts: 14member
    This (3GS) is a incredible phone and really makes me wonder why I never jumped on the IPhone bandwagon quicker. I guess all those apple / iPhone haters really spread their nonsense far and wide because much of the nonsense supposedly wrong with the iPhone is actually the cplete opposite. iPhone is really great so I would have to go with the very satisfied group as well. As for ATT issues I say try garbage like Tmobile then see what you think about ATT. Honestly the only issue with ATT was a dropped called here and there but no where near as bad as the horrible service from Tmobile in manhattan NYC. also the tech support was way better with ATT compared to T mobile as well.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xplics View Post

As for ATT issues I say try garbage like Tmobile then see what you think about ATT. Honestly the only issue with ATT was a dropped called here and there but no where near as bad as the horrible service from Tmobile in manhattan NYC. also the tech support was way better with ATT compared to T mobile as well.

A lot of the outcry against AT&T service comes from tech reporters in San Francisco and other metro areas where AT&T's coverage is really quite poor. Lots of pissed off tech journalists equal bad press.
  • Reply 39 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

A lot of the outcry against AT&T service comes from tech reporters in San Francisco and other metro areas where AT&T's coverage is really quite poor. Lots of pissed off tech journalists equal bad press.

+1. Very true, MacVoyer! Media sometimes = Propaganda!
  • Reply 40 of 43
    People who bought iPhone 3GSs are self satisfied and smug? You don't say?