Anybody here fed-up that so many people are using iPhones?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm really tired of seeing people who cannot afford an iPhone, yet force themselves to buy one. In the end, they complain that it's expensive and that they have to pay through the roof to use it. Sure, while it contirbutes to Apple's marketshare, these people really irk me and complain that the iPhone is an overpriced piece of junk that even their old phone's features could have. If the iPhone is a piece of garbage, I wonder why so many people WANT the iPhone and that so many people are buying the iPhone..

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I bought mine for its utility, rather than as a status symbol

As a developer, I am very happy that lots of people are using iPhones. It makes a bigger market.
  • Reply 2 of 35
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    So? This happened with RAZR too, and maybe other phones.

Did you buy the device solely for its features and capabilities, or did you buy it in part to show off? The iPhone is getting popular, if you don't want what everyone else has, then you're probably going to have to jump to the Pre.
  • Reply 3 of 35
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    It's a good thing, especially for developers and in turn, for us, the consumers.
  • Reply 4 of 35
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Why would anyone possibly be upset that other people own the iPhone? That seems really, really shallow. If you really feel the need to be in an exclusive club and different than others, your best route these days is to give up your cell phone all together. That would set you apart.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

I'm really tired of seeing people using iPhones over the place. I already personally own a 3GS and there are 3 people whom I know have 3GS's too. It really dampens the exclusivity of the iPhone.. What do you think about this?

You're a snob.
  • Reply 6 of 35
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

I'm really tired of seeing people using iPhones over the place.

Well the other posts echo my own sentiments. Expect more of the same... it's a pretty immature question.

OT. You do realise, SSG, that there isn't a prize for "most posts in a month"?
  • Reply 7 of 35
    mpwmpw Posts: 156member
    Quote:

I'm really tired...

Each of those 3people you know is probably really tired that, now you've gone and got one too, their cool factor has been eroded, and they have to find something new to show how much cooler than you they are... they're gonna be so pissed when you probably jump aboard the bandwagon and follow them into getting an iTablet next month.

This post contains: Humour, sarcasm and a subtle message. See if you can spot them!
  • Reply 8 of 35
    Am I upset that lots of people have iPhones? Um, no, no and definietly not. I love my iPhone and I enjoying using it very much. I want other people to get as much out of their mobile phone experience as I get out of mine. The more iPhones there are, the more other phones will improve. Not to mention Apple succeeding is not a bad thing either. So, as far as I'm concerned, the more iPhones the better!
  • Reply 9 of 35
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Beyond the silliness of the status symbol thing, it seems like a lot of people, including other handset makers, haven't evolved yet past the flavor of the month mentality that plagues the cell phone industry.

I remember a lot of people were talking about the Razr when the iPhone came out-- that it "proved" that unless Apple was able to keep up with the withering rate of churn amongst consumer cell users, they would inevitably fall behind and be eclipsed by the next fad phone.

The problem with that idea is that is hales from the era of dumbphones, when case design was the big differentiator. That such thinking persists is clearly to Apple's advantage.

So seeing a lot of iPhones around shouldn't bother anyone in the way that seeing an expensive cellphone get widely adopted might have at one time-- the iPhone is a platform like the Mac, and distinction and individuality among users is entirely a matter of how it's being used and with what software.

Phones aren't jewelry anymore.
  • Reply 10 of 35
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Actually I love it that more and more of my friends are getting iPhones. Lots of stuff we can share. But I have to say that I do hate that at least 3 of my coworkers around me have all gotten iPhones and 1) Have the volume turned up way loud and 2) all have Keyboard clicks turned on. Sometimes I feel like I work in a steno pool!
  • Reply 11 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Actually I love it that more and more of my friends are getting iPhones. Lots of stuff we can share. But I have to say that I do hate that at least 3 of my coworkers around me have all gotten iPhones and 1) Have the volume turned up way loud and 2) all have Keyboard clicks turned on. Sometimes I feel like I work in a steno pool!

I hate devices and software that emit artificially added button clicks. They're quite annoying. Why it's supposedly a good idea, I really don't know. I turn it off ASAP or just quit using the device/software ASAP.
  • Reply 12 of 35
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I love it that every time this guy walks down the street it serves as a reminder of his fallibility.

I'll bet he is probably fed up with seeing so many around.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

I bought mine for its utility, rather than as a status symbol

As a developer, I am very happy that lots of people are using iPhones. It makes a bigger market.

Me too! It's a cool phone yes, but I like it because of its features. Its the right phone for me. I had several WM "phones", but they we're hideous. The size of house bricks, you had to use a stick to work it (), I just hope the iPhone's popularity doesn't turn round and bite Apple
  • Reply 14 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I love it that every time this guy walks down the street it serves as a reminder of his fallibility.

I'll bet he is probably fed up with seeing so many around.

This will always be haunting him
  • Reply 15 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

So? This happened with RAZR too, and maybe other phones.

Did you buy the device solely for its features and capabilities, or did you buy it in part to show off? The iPhone is getting popular, if you don't want what everyone else has, then you're probably going to have to jump to the Pre.

Both. And that it integrates perfectly with my Mac.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Well the other posts echo my own sentiments. Expect more of the same... it's a pretty immature question.

OT. You do realise, SSG, that there isn't a prize for "most posts in a month"?

I know. I'm just asking a question and you may disagree with how I feel but yeah, I just wanted to point out my view and see how others think about it.
  • Reply 17 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You're a snob.

Don't judge me here on a forum yeah? .. Mind your own business and don't call others a snob just because you THINK that my opinion on this matter makes me a snob. Tsk tsk.
  • Reply 18 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applereviews View Post

me too! It's a cool phone yes, but i like it because of its features. Its the right phone for me. I had several wm "phones", but they we're hideous. The size of house bricks, you had to use a stick to work it (), i just hope the iphone's popularity doesn't turn round and bite apple

+1!
  • Reply 19 of 35
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    SGSS...from your name I assume you are a student. Are you paying for your own iPhone? Are you paying for your tuition? Seems like you have a high-end setup as a student in your sig.

For an education: I advise you walk around flashing your iPhone off and wander in to a rough neighborhood. Then you'll get a real education. Extra credit: Make sure you wear really nice clothing.

As everyone else said, the iPhone has all its apps BECAUSE everyone has one. I hope everyone has one. For AAPL and because I am getting one sometime. I'm just busting your balls because I'm busting my ass to get myself one. It's the data plan that co$ts. I'm sure other people are too. And it's not for the status, it's because of the damn cool stuff it can do. For me it's mostly about the GPS and geospatial capabilities.
  • Reply 20 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

For an education: I advise you walk around flashing your iPhone off and wander in to a rough neighborhood. Then you'll get a real education. Extra credit: Make sure you wear really nice clothing.

You don't need to be such an ass.