When will the Snow Leopard be pre-installed?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i'm currently in the market to buy a MBP to replace my aging/ailing PB that i bought 6 years ago and today's news about the new OS X caught my attention. if apple starts pre-installing new MBPs after 8.28 i can wait till then to make my purchase. has apple pre-installed the newest OS as soon as it is released or have they simply shipped it with an upgrade DVD with the new machines in the past? (not that it's a big deal to install it myself but i feel slightly at ease knowing that the machine's first OS is the newest one out of the box without any previous OS's baggage)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I order my 15" MacBook Pro today to replace my Rev. A 12" Powerbook (Until now I've hoped for a smaller replacement, but I can't wait longer and it seems to be worth the additional size to carry around). Since it will only be delivered in the second week of September, I assume that it has at least the upgrade DVD included. Nevertheless the official statement of the apple store guy I called was to wait until some official information was posted in the machines specifications, because he had no information wether there was the new OS included or not.. So if you buy now like me you have no guarantee that it will be included, but I would say that you have a good chance of getting at least the upgrade DVD (which seems to be fairly easy to install anyway).. If you can wait, you will get the new OS for sure pre-installed soon..
  • Reply 2 of 2
    graemegraeme Posts: 61member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lemonaded View Post

i'm currently in the market to buy a MBP to replace my aging/ailing PB that i bought 6 years ago and today's news about the new OS X caught my attention. if apple starts pre-installing new MBPs after 8.28 i can wait till then to make my purchase. has apple pre-installed the newest OS as soon as it is released or have they simply shipped it with an upgrade DVD with the new machines in the past? (not that it's a big deal to install it myself but i feel slightly at ease knowing that the machine's first OS is the newest one out of the box without any previous OS's baggage)

The apple website says

How to get Mac OS X

Snow Leopard.

With every new Mac.

Every new Mac computer comes with Mac OS X Snow Leopard already installed. You don?t need to do anything.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

I guess if your buying directly from apple that is going to be true- but if from a 3rd party store that keeps a bit of stock i wouldn't take that for granted- I would check either way before purchase.