Can you invert a photo in iPhoto?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
As in taking a picture where something in the pic points to the right and flipping it so that it points left? I've been trying and can't seem to find out how to do it. On other programs, this is a basic option.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Don't think so, but you can set your editor to another app - even Preview can flip - and it will send it out, do what you need, and bring it back into iPhoto. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Thanks for the tip. I tried flipping the pic in preview which works to view it, but it doesn't allow me to save it that way. Weird...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris Fitzgerald View Post

Thanks for the tip. I tried flipping the pic in preview which works to view it, but it doesn't allow me to save it that way. Weird...

You can always press Command+shift+4, select the area of interest and take another picture of the inverted shot.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris Fitzgerald View Post

Not really: Preview is a lightweight viewer application. Not an editing application. It's not supposed to change anything about images. Just to show them, fast.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I would recommend using gimp for os x.
  • Reply 6 of 6

to edit picture ,you can use this imaging sdk which is able to rotate and flip pictures , besides , it can be applied in many formats.you can use this sdk to rotate the picture , you can have a try.