Snow leopard shipping

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i ordered snow leopard from apple on wednesday a little before noon and i read somewhere on apple that if you order it by wednesday then you will get it on friday, but on my order status it says "ships by the 28" instead of saying it delivers the 28. will i get it on friday or will i have to wait until next week?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    im still waiting to see what amazon is doing, i paid for over night hoping to get it friday/satruday, but it still hasnt shipped.. estimated date is the 31st...

i think ill have to do the same with this that i did with leopard. just go to the store and buy the disc and return amazons when it comes in.

• Reply 2 of 30
    graemegraeme Posts: 61member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by washkinazy View Post

im still waiting to see what amazon is doing, i paid for over night hoping to get it friday/satruday, but it still hasnt shipped.. estimated date is the 31st...

i think ill have to do the same with this that i did with leopard. just go to the store and buy the disc and return amazons when it comes in.

Apple sent me an email saying my copy has been dispatched- if arrives tomorrow remains to be seen. but it's a possibility.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Ordered directly from Apple.

Ships: Delivers on August 28th

----------------------------------

I bet that apple has all these prepared to ship tonight via FedEx next day. We all will probably see our discs at some point tomorrow. But if I don't get mine, I'll prolly drive the 10 miles to my nearest Apple Store to pickup another copy and return the one I receive from Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    Mine says :

Aug 20, 2009 at 04:23 AM PDT - Order number WXXXXXX View order details

Not yet shipped

Product\t \tQty.

MAC OS X10.6 SNOWLEOPARD UTD FULLFIL-INT

Ships: By August 28th

I want it tomorrow!!!
  • Reply 5 of 30
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    OH MY GOD!!! If I don't get Snow Leopard by Friday and have to wait until monday my life will end!!! BUAAAAAA!!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 30
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Graeme View Post

Apple sent me an email saying my copy has been dispatched- if arrives tomorrow remains to be seen. but it's a possibility.

If it doesn't arrive by Friday I suggest we all commit mass suicide. Who is with me?
  • Reply 7 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

If it doesn't arrive by Friday I suggest we all commit mass suicide. Who is with me?

Haha so true

- if it arrives tomorrow ill probably brag about it here- and make an unboxing video to put on You tube.

Then the backlash will start- i'll moan that it 'looks' no different to leopard, complain it doesn't turn FCP7 into a 64bit application and wonder what all the fuss was about.

In reality i probably won't do a thing with it until late next week as I'm moving house and won't get a chance to play with it until then.

What i'm really worried about is how my G5 will feel about it- it's quite depressed at the moment and says i don't love it anymore!
  • Reply 8 of 30
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I'm in Australia, it's been the 28th for 11 hours, but this is still there:-

Not yet shipped

Product / Part No.\t*\t *\t*\t

Qty

*\t *

MAC OS X SNOW LEOPARD UTD FULFILL-INT

MC204Z/A

*\t

*\t

*\t

Ships: By August 28th\t\t\t\t\t\t

So now we are heading into the weekend.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    My 3gs shipping info didnt say anything,then out of no where it was here. I hope mine gets here tomorrow too.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    ordered two days ago... shipped and will be here tomorrow by fedx. this is with free shipping from apple online store. yay. I have always recieved new apple os's on release date or before.YAY
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Mine's on its way…

• Reply 12 of 30
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    WTF?

I should have just gone to a store and bought it:-

Shipped

Shipped on: 28/08/2009 via Australia Post

Tracking #: Post 28/08/09\t

Product / Part No.\t*\t *\t*\t

Qty

*\t *

MAC OS X SNOW LEOPARD UTD FULFILL-INT

MC204Z/A

*\t

*\t

*\t

Delivers: 07/09/2009\t\t\t\t\t\t

Can you get a refund as it looks like it's going be 10 days and I could walk 50 miles to an Apple store, spend a couple of nights in a hotel then walk back and still be quicker, heck I could download it over dial up faster than that. *
  • Reply 13 of 30
    mine still says not yet shipped...its 7:00 AM on the 28th.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    Already installed from Family Pack (Purchased in the apple store in Dubai) now internet sharing ETH->Airport broken
  • Reply 15 of 30
    Installing now (Japan).
  • Reply 16 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Installing now (Japan).

Listeing to Japan.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

OH MY GOD!!! If I don't get Snow Leopard by Friday and have to wait until monday my life will end!!! BUAAAAAA!!!!!

My post got deleted- it was trivial rubbish anyway.

My copy didn't turn up today- good luck with your install,

do you run any Video / pro apps- be interested in any experiences under 10.6 - thats if you run those kind of apps?

Graeme
  • Reply 18 of 30
    I guess there is no "launch party" at any of the Apple stores with free t-shirts and what-not... like Leopard where I came away with 2 free t-shirts (SWEET), but more like an iLife or iWork launch, just go in and get your copy and leave... the Leopard launch was pretty nice.

I guess I'll just drop by the Apple Store on the way home and pick up my copy. Drives have been cloned and ready for the upgrade.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post

I guess there is no "launch party" at any of the Apple stores with free t-shirts and what-not... like Leopard where I came away with 2 free t-shirts (SWEET), but more like an iLife or iWork launch, just go in and get your copy and leave... the Leopard launch was pretty nice.

I guess I'll just drop by the Apple Store on the way home and pick up my copy. Drives have been cloned and ready for the upgrade.

If you Take your old Leopard launch t-shirt to the store- they might update it for you! ie give it a wash!
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Graeme View Post

If you Take your old Leopard launch t-shirt to the store- they might update it for you! ie give it a wash!

Awesome... I knew the geniuses were good for something!